Twilighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Valentines Day Exchange

Go down 
+11
cklover42
Kenzie
TwilightLulu82
rpecfan
*Shantanee*
Maria Cullen
Karen
VelvetRainDrops
Xtremeangel
Stargazer
Tamran
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Stargazer
New Moon Fan
Stargazer

Female
Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 8:06 pm

Its totally understandable hannah no worries.
Back to top Go down
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter
VelvetRainDrops

Female
Number of posts : 1245
Location : Hiding somewhere with Kellan. Not telling where either.
Job/hobbies : Student
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 8:19 pm

i don' have money so i'm making stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/starrynights_01
Kenzie
Whoa! Over Breaking Dawn
Kenzie

Female
Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:06 pm

TwilightLulu82 wrote:
You need a po box haha!

Sigh yeah I need my own po box... grr how I hate missing out on things like this lol. I love giving stuff I love you
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female
Number of posts : 2124
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:12 am

I am definitely in so you have my YES Tam Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female
Number of posts : 1677
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 am

awww bummer! but i can understand that. the online thing and what not. if it's the online thing and the board then if she would let you email it to us for you we can do that. if it's just not wanting some strange people getting it then i understand.

so do yall think we should draw names? i mean i wasn't thinking. i just like jump right in there and have so much stuff at home to do my ideas with that i don't think about people having to go out and get something. tho the idea i thought of today will require some money to be spent..lol

i just thought if we went small or crafty then it wouldn't cost much and the shipping wouldn't be too bad.

i always go over board on things like this.. just me personally..lol

but if it's easier for yall to do a name draw we can do that. maybe 2 each? i'll let yall decide that cause i'm up for all of yall...getting my ducks in a row and what not. LOL

but yeah since yall liked this so well i thought we could do something like this from time to time. depending on the holiday or event that could be going on.
Back to top Go down
Stargazer
New Moon Fan
Stargazer

Female

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:15 am

ok in case i can't get on saturday till late tamran. My answer is YES i'm in on this.

and no i think we should make something for everyone. Just make something guys.. there's no need to go and buy a bunch of things because i know how hard money is these days trust me. Like i said why buy a valentines day card when you can make that too.

Katie
Back to top Go down
obsessed
Twilight Lover
obsessed

Female
Number of posts : 384
Job/hobbies : waiting for my edward
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:44 pm

hey tam, im in on this! its sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/freak123
hannah141627
Twilight Lover

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 1:39 pm

hmmm i'd prefer to do it for two people but i'm up for whatever
Back to top Go down
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter
VelvetRainDrops

Female
Number of posts : 1245
Location : Hiding somewhere with Kellan. Not telling where either.
Job/hobbies : Student
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:30 pm

It doesn't matter to me because I've already started making stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/starrynights_01
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:34 pm

Tamran wrote:
awww bummer! but i can understand that. the online thing and what not. if it's the online thing and the board then if she would let you email it to us for you we can do that. if it's just not wanting some strange people getting it then i understand.

so do yall think we should draw names? i mean i wasn't thinking. i just like jump right in there and have so much stuff at home to do my ideas with that i don't think about people having to go out and get something. tho the idea i thought of today will require some money to be spent..lol

i just thought if we went small or crafty then it wouldn't cost much and the shipping wouldn't be too bad.

i always go over board on things like this.. just me personally..lol

but if it's easier for yall to do a name draw we can do that. maybe 2 each? i'll let yall decide that cause i'm up for all of yall...getting my ducks in a row and what not. LOL

but yeah since yall liked this so well i thought we could do something like this from time to time. depending on the holiday or event that could be going on.

The more people the sign the more things to make which is cool but yea I see what you are saying Tam because not everyone is very crafty. Getting things for everyone could get expensive even if you make it at home because not everyone has things just around the house to use. I think if it becomes more than ten people maybe we should figure out a way to assign people but hey thats just an idea. I think ten people is fine but since a lot of ppl are starting to want to do it......that could get a bit overwhelming if we do everyone. Shipping costs alone for ten items isnt going to be that cheap especially since we are all so spread out. Oh well either way Im in and dont worry Tam we love it when you go overboard!
Back to top Go down
hannah141627
Twilight Lover

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:53 pm

yeah am defo in just spoke to mum
Back to top Go down
Xtremeangel
In Love With Eclipse
Xtremeangel

Female
Number of posts : 616
Location : Preston, UK or stalking Donnie Wahlberg and other hot men!
Job/hobbies : Owner of a broken left foot
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 4:05 pm

im cool either way, I agree if it ends up with lots of ppl doing this then we should just draw names but at the mo I'm cool with getting everyone something
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/xtremeangel
obsessed
Twilight Lover
obsessed

Female
Number of posts : 384
Job/hobbies : waiting for my edward
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 4:32 pm

but im not crafty...what would i make?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/freak123
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 4:37 pm

Once we see how many people are actually going to be in this I think we will all be able to figure out what to do.
Back to top Go down
hannah141627
Twilight Lover

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 4:39 pm

yeah i'm not crafty either
Back to top Go down
Karen
In Love With Eclipse
Karen

Female
Number of posts : 768
Job/hobbies : Professional stalker of Twilight, WWE and New Kids Hotties!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 4:44 pm

^^^It doesn't matter if your not crafty, its just the thought that counts!
Back to top Go down
*Shantanee*
New Moon Fan
*Shantanee*

Female
Number of posts : 538
Job/hobbies : UPS Slave
Humor : Silly,Cynical,Outlandish,Fun Infectious Humor!
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 4:48 pm

I'm not very crafty either...and I had the nerve to work at Michaels lol! talk about train wreck hehe! but If I had to make something I'd figure it out..although I'd probably be better off buying something!
Back to top Go down
Maria Cullen
True Twilighter
Maria Cullen

Female
Number of posts : 1368

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 5:18 pm

I'll go with the flow baby, Whatever yall decide is cool with me
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female
Number of posts : 2414
Job/hobbies : Slacker/Student
Humor : Insane, Sarcastic, Loud

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 5:44 pm

I like the picking names thing but either way is fine.. I've lost all my ideas I'm having a brain fart... If anyone has spare ideas lol I would gladly take em..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sinfulwitch
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:34 pm

I still like the idea of something small and creative even if some of us arent as crafty as others.....me included. But yea I know for sure I would be overwhelmed with sending things to more than 10 people even they are small. I guess we shall see. Im still excited tho and it is nice to see everyone is thinking about it too.
Back to top Go down
Stargazer
New Moon Fan
Stargazer

Female

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:52 pm

well either way i'm going to make something small for everyone. i just enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Kenzie
Whoa! Over Breaking Dawn
Kenzie

Female
Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:30 pm

Tamran wrote:

Yeah it's just the not-really-knowing-you part of it that she doesn't want my address out there...*sigh* lol but I'll be there in spirit!!
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:38 pm

ok i just went thru and counted and i have a total of 13 right now. kenzie so sorry you can't do it. we'll post you something online! we'll all give love that way as well.

so it has gotten a little over 10. i think i'm gonna do everyone either way myself. but if anyone doesn't feel comfy about it maybe we could let yall do like 3 or 5 or something. i'll have shawn draw the names. i'll even tape it and post it..lol

you don't have to be crafty. shoot not everyone is like that. that's why i said it could even be like a bag of candy. ya know buy some wrapped type candy and put in those cello bags you can get at the dollar store for a buck (like 10 or something to a bag). get a card and off you go. for a padded envelope it shouldn't cost too much to ship that. hell you could even buy something at the dollar store that is valentines day related. we don't have to stick with just twilight related.

i just thought a little small something. even if it's from the dollar store or hand made(and not perfect) it's the thought that went into it. i'm a firm believer in that! you can spend what you want (within reason, don't go in debt or nothing) or make what you want.

i have to get my butt out there and check on the one idea i had..haha

i just thought of something. ya know like those dollar store frames? or even the unpainted ones at a hobby store. y ou could paint something like that and glue like an apple on it, or chess pieces or ribbon or a flower. those type of things aren't to costly at like walmart and micheal's and the paint would be enougth to paint them all.

hmmm what else...even making a graphic and printing it out is cool too. someone mentioned that. i think that's cool too.

i haven't looked at this site in a while, but they would post craft ideas around twilight. http://community.livejournal.com/twilight_crafts tho remember it doesn't have to be a craft. if you think someone would like a little figure thing that you saw that was cute at the dollar store that's fine. ya know just something little and you can make everyone something different or buy something different if you want.

a candy idea would be like to try and get candy in the color theme of twilight. black would be hard to find. ya know like i saw some hershey kisses..the cherry ones...they have like a red/brown(almost black color) wrapper. then like something white..throw in a cello bag and bam! small cheap gift!

ok i'm gonna stop now or i'll post my freakin idea..lmao
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:02 am

I think I can do 13 but if people keep joining I might have to see if some names can be pulled. 13 should be ok though. I am still a little worried about the shipping costs for 13 things though even if they are small.
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:41 am

well i just mailed and insured a trading card in an envelope that was not bendable to CO and it was $2 but that was with insurance..before that it was .90 cents i think. the wieght is what made it 90 cents...lol it's gonna depend on the weight more than anything. it cost me $5.60 to mail a blanket in a huge bubble mailer. not sure what cost over seas will be but i'm mailing my other blanket out over seas tomorow so i will know what that big old thing will cost..lol i sent these little bubble mailers with cards and a christmas bag to a few people over seas at christmas and i think they were like right at $2.

so if it's not too heavy it shouldn't be too much.

for the ones that don't want to do all 13 or just are worried about cost all the way around, please just let me (us) know you'd rather just do 2 or 3 or something. that way i can get names in a hat and do a drawing for yall. i really don't mind at all! if it's easier for some that way then we'll do it that way. but if you want to do it that way i need to know who does want to do it that way...lol

damn that was a lot of that ways in there Laughing

or just make a card and send it. making a card is part of the gift i think. to me it is anyway. and then a card only costs 40 whatever cents to mail in the us and either 60 or 90 cents to mail to the uk.

so who ever feels more at ease with doing just 2 or 3 (or name your number) let me know and we'll throw the names in a hat (i have several trust me..lol) and take it from there. we can all do that way if yall want so that people will get an even number of gifts and cards. maybe even do a secret santa type thing and you won't know who is getting what from who. well other than i will know them all cause i'll be having shawn draw the names.

or we can do just cards... just whatever.. i didn't want this to be something costly or anything or become a problem for some and maybe not others. that sure wasn't what i meant by this at all!! i hope yall really do know that..lol just thought there are just a few of us (family i call us) and it would be neat.

i just need yall to let me know what yall want to do. that's what i posted this for to get inthe know yo! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Exchange   Valentines Day Exchange - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Valentines Day Exchange
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilighters :: OPEN DISCUSSION :: Off Topic-
Jump to: