Twilighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Couple of Things That Bug Me

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mrsrobpattinson
Bitten
Mrsrobpattinson

Female
Number of posts : 21
Job/hobbies : Liberal Arts Student(hoping to try acting next semester or soon), love writing stories
Registration date : 2009-06-28

A Couple of Things That Bug Me Empty
PostSubject: A Couple of Things That Bug Me   A Couple of Things That Bug Me I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:27 pm

So I was watching New Moon last night; I downloaded it I am naughty hehe. I fully intend to buy it though. Anyway, I was watching it last night and a couple of Jacob things are really starting to irritate me and there are some confusing lines of his within theses scenes.

Confusing Jacob Line 1:
The scene where she first sees him in shirtless, short hair phase ready form. He's telling her off(right after he promises not t hurt her, *slugs Jacob*) and he says:
"But if you want to blame someone, how about your precious Cullens!"
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"You know exactly what I'm talking about! You've been lying to everyone, Charlie..."

What the bloody hell is that referring to, 'you've been lying to everyone'? Is it that she's pretending to be moving on when she'll still broken or what? I didn't see that line's the connection to anything.

Confusing Jacob Line 2:
The last scene, the Edward and Jacob confrontation. Edward and Bella turn to leave, they simply bid him goodbye and he lashes out of nowhere as far as I can see:
"No you don't speak for her!"

What the bloody freaking hell is that! No one had tried to speak for her. They were bidding him goodbye! That had like no basis whatsoever.

Now mind you I apologize It's been a good two years since I have read the books and I have not yet been able to re-read them due to school and another series I am into. So my apologies if these things ARE in fact better explained in the book. In the movie though, they suck and irritate the bloody hell out of me.
Back to top Go down
http://thewolfsmoon.livejournal.com
Karen
In Love With Eclipse
Karen

Female
Number of posts : 768
Job/hobbies : Professional stalker of Twilight, WWE and New Kids Hotties!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: A Couple of Things That Bug Me   A Couple of Things That Bug Me I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 6:58 pm

Hey,

I think what it means for the first one is that she's lying about knowing that the Cullens are vamps and why they actually left town. She's letting everyone beleive that they just moved on, when actually they left because Jasper tried to attack Bella.

With the second one, I think you mean where Edward picks something out of Jacob's head, a question he has for Bella. We dont actually know what exactly he says but Edward answers the question before he's actually said anything to bella.

Hope that helps! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mrsrobpattinson
Bitten
Mrsrobpattinson

Female
Number of posts : 21
Job/hobbies : Liberal Arts Student(hoping to try acting next semester or soon), love writing stories
Registration date : 2009-06-28

PostSubject: Re: A Couple of Things That Bug Me   A Couple of Things That Bug Me I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:24 pm

@Karen: Yes it does thank you. That's true and I never considered that. That Bella refuses to believe that they left because they are afraid to remain around her due to Jasper. That she aroused them, thus why the wolves are needed. It still doesn't make much sense however that Jacob would still blame it on them after they have long been gone, like almost half a year.

And we do also find out from Edward though that they are also moving on because people are starting to notice that Carlisle isn't aging in appearance. He likely used that as an instant answer to be gentle with her but that doesn't make it untrue.

As for the second one, the movie does not properly refer to that as a response to Edward picking Jacob's brain. All you hear Edward say is "goodbye Jacob"(at least that's what I think it was, but downloads don't have captions lol). But if that is how is explained in the book that is good enough for me. The books are what REALLY happened.

BTW: I just pre-ordered it last Sunday on the Target website. YAY for Christmas gift cards. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://thewolfsmoon.livejournal.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Couple of Things That Bug Me   A Couple of Things That Bug Me I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Couple of Things That Bug Me
Page 1 of 1