Twilighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female
Number of posts : 2124
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? Empty
PostSubject: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:53 pm

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
At Sunday night’s 81st Annual Academy Awards, “Twilight’s” vampire teen heartthrob Robert Pattinson was a presenter alongside “Mamma Mia” star Amanda Seyfried.

It left many wondering: where was his “Twilight” co-star, Kristen Stewart?

Access’ Billy Bush got the answer on the red carpet, when he asked Kristen’s father, John Stewart, why she wasn’t presenting with Robert Pattinson.

John responded that Kristen would present at the Oscars, “When it’s a great movie, not just one that makes a lot of money.”

Artistic integrity at such a young age?!

That’s nothing to bite at!

Ok I am not sure how to feel about this......is she saying Twilight wasnt a great movie? And since when is it not a good thing for a movie to make a lot of movie? I am really confused here what are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female
Number of posts : 2414
Job/hobbies : Slacker/Student
Humor : Insane, Sarcastic, Loud
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:56 pm

Hmm maybe its her dad speaking out of his ass. I don't think she would say something like that but I don't know her so who knows.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sinfulwitch
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:02 pm

I know a lot of people are going crazy over this and getting pissed at her but first of all she didnt say it, second of all we dont know the real reason why she didnt attend and third her father doesnt seem like he understands how the media works. If he did know the business at all he wouldnt have said that even if it was true because it would piss off a lot of fans. If you take it as the quote it does seem like he thinks....or she thinks that Twilight wasnt a movie she wants to be known for or a movie that is worthy of the Oscars. However that could have been totally taken out of context. I really hope she didnt say that though.
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:08 pm

Wow....some groups are really freaking out about KSTEW. People need to relax a lit especially since you cant get too much from that one quote! If it is true I would be upset as a Twilighter but I do believe in getting the full story before just screaming and throwing a fit about all of this.
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female
Number of posts : 1677
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:25 am

well i've seen her dad in action with people and he will just say whatever, not thinking what it will do. but also kristen will as well. they are all very open type people. one place was complaining over one latest interview that she was cussing too much. i'm like hey some people are just like that. so i guess you all hate her now cause her real self is coming out.

want to know what i think. they just didn't ask her...lmao. then again maybe they did and she didn't want to. she has said how it's all too much for her. but that would suck if she felt that way. i mean it wouldn't just kill me or anything cause honestly.. i can take or leave her. she's bella to me and if she was replaced i wouldn't like it. but i don't think she's all that great...lol. i mostly skip over all her stuff that comes out...lol

but one thing.... do NOT piss off the fandom there girly girl. that is such a big no no..lol
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:42 am

I think she's a beautiful girl and a good actress but she isn't my favorite actress. If and I mean IF she did say it then well it kinda crappy but She is VERY open and expresses her opinion openly so who knows how much flack this will get. In these movies she isn't even my favorite female character. Its Alice, Rose and then her.
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:43 am

I really hope all that made some sense lol I'm kinda loopy had to take a pain pill for my hips again.
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:45 am

Tam I agree a hundred percent. I think this whole stardom thing is new even though she has been acting for a while she hasnt been in the media like this. Any and everything she says is put down or even twisted. Her dad doesnt really seem to get that and neither does she which is fine if they are like that but it wont help her in the media at all. The last thing she wants to do is say something that she doesnt mean or have it come out wrong because that is really hard to come back from....especially with Twilighters.
I also agree with the whole Oscar thing.....it would be hilarious if they seriously just didnt ask her after all they know that Rob is who brings in the girls and the Twilighters are mostly girls and women who want to see Rob not Kristen. If she does feel that way I agree I wont be devastated. I think I would be disappointed just because Twilight has done so much for her career and so have the fans and it kind of would seem like she didnt appreciate it at all. I think she is just one of those people who comes off wrong at times. She has said it herself that she isnt very good at interviews or really talking to people......how ironic she is in this business especially now with how the media plays WAY too much of a role. I think Rob is the shy and silent type as well but when he does it he just seems charming lol.
Either way she is Bella and I hope she realizes just how big of a thing she is involved in because that would be a pity. You are absolutely right. Twilighters are ridiculously passionate and she doesnt want to piss anyone off especially since she is only one movie into this huge project.
I know that some of them took classes with how to deal with the media.....Ashley and Kellan definitely did and Ashley said it helped a lot because sometimes when you are caught off guard you say odd things.....no surprise there. I always thought Kristen could use a speech class or media class because I dont know how many interviews you guys have watched with just her in it but when they ask her something it is like pulling teeth to get it out of her lol.
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 3:15 am

One more thing....I just saw Kristen's dad and I am so surprised at how he looks. I would have never guessed that he would look like that. She is so pretty and yet her dad looks totally unexpectingly ugly. You always think about beautiful people and think man their parents must be hot.....I guess it skipped a generation.
Back to top Go down
*Shantanee*
New Moon Fan
*Shantanee*

Female
Number of posts : 538
Job/hobbies : UPS Slave
Humor : Silly,Cynical,Outlandish,Fun Infectious Humor!
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:27 pm

I like Kristen and since it didn't come from her mouth so its whatever....I find her to be an intelligent girl and I don't think she is that much of a tool to publicly diss the movie that put her on the map...If she picks her roles based on her feeling of the script and whatever she used to determine if she do it or not...then I think she is proud of the work she did for Twilight...but IDK just how I feel! and it's a 50/50 chance that the Oscars didnt' want her....either she said no or they saw her interviews and realized that they would want all that jittery,stuttering going on while presenting an award lol! Plus Rob is the one he's the guy I'd pick to do it he's ROB...he like Kristen is socially awkward and a bit caught off guard by his fame,but he handles it much better than K does for damn sure! that girl is so manic sometimes! she is def. out spoken,and I'm not too surprised that people are in an uproar over this...most of them probaly can't stand Kristen for whatever reason and when you don't like someone you can't wait for them to fuck up so you can even more reason to not like them! I would be a bit annoyed if she did say this because she can't be dissing my Twilight like that! lol! had to get all ghetto girl for a minute tehehe! yeah I'm done!
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:02 pm

I totally agree she is just not your usual Hollywood celeb and unfortunately the media sees that and just goes crazy with it. LOL I love it manic is definitely a way to describe her but at least she is a good Bella.
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 3:18 pm

ohh her mom and dad are like hippie type people. i haven't seen her mom but someone said she's like covered in tats and stuff. which i don't mind about that. i love tats. but they aren't just your normal entertainment type family..lol

but her dad does need to watch what he says..lol

i also agree about some media classes or something. her and rob are the ones that seem to have the hardest time with it all. but it's a big thing and you better just get ready for it..haha
Back to top Go down
*Shantanee*
New Moon Fan
*Shantanee*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 5:11 pm

^ definitely have to be ready...they are pretty much guaranteed stardom whenever you do either disney shit and fan girl related shit lol! Rob is pretty much damn near perfect and charming and just wonderful...I really like Kristen,but the girls will pounce on her if they feel disrespected! so she better tell her dad to not speak for her or watch what he says! she's no where near as loved as Rob hehe! case in point: Perez Hilton refers to her as some Twat now because of this lol!
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 11:07 pm

omg there is no need for calling her names. i mean good lord!! then people are feel stupid when or if it comes out that it was just from her dad's mouth not hers.
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 1:21 pm

They are being ridiculous with the names they call her. The most common one I see is KBitch instead of KStew which is just ridiculous. Talk about just jumping on a bandwagon. These are the same people that just loved her and now all of a sudden they hate her. If she said it yea that sucks but a lot of people are really into this whole thing and being Twilighters but it doesnt change anything for me. As long as it doesnt show in her acting as Bella I dont care lol.
Back to top Go down
*Shantanee*
New Moon Fan
*Shantanee*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 2:37 pm

^ haha they are gettng too carried away with the names....but I agree all that matters is that she plays a good Bella...
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 2:49 pm

Now if she starts messing up on that.....then we all know there will be a problem but she seems like a professional and when they start shooting again and are just on set I am sure everything will at least calm down as far as the media goes.
Back to top Go down
*Shantanee*
New Moon Fan
*Shantanee*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:31 pm

More Alleged Comments from Kristen...lol!

Quote :
"It would be so easy for me to send so many hundreds of girls into such a frenzy by saying I want no part of any future [Twilight] movies."

hopefully she didn't say it!

perezhilton.com
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 6:53 pm

I hope she didnt say it either but even if she did who knows how she meant it or what she was talking about before that. It could have just been a joke.
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:28 am

there was this report out there that had taken like a bunch of things she said from different interviews and slammed it together and made it look like she was saying bad things. this happened to be one of them. not sure where it's from but a website i go to said that this place totally took that quote and either missed it up or placed it wrongly from what she had really said.
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:40 am

Yea it is easy to misquote someone and make it seem like they said something bad especially with the media today.....of course it doesnt help that Kristen is constantly putting her foot in her mouth but I agree Tam they are just looking for stuff now and trying to make it seem like she is a jerk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?   Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Kristen wasn't at the Oscars?
Page 1 of 1