Twilighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new details taylor out as jake?

Go down 
+6
VelvetRainDrops
*Shantanee*
danixsaur
TwilightLulu82
Kenzie
Tamran
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female
Number of posts : 1677
Registration date : 2008-08-24

new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 9:25 pm

i'm not gonna kill ya in the night..HAHAHA! i do not want this prick to play jake.. AT ALL!!! i don't want taylor replaced at ALL. if they had to replace him i'd want someone OTHER than this piece of crap they are trying for. i have no real issues with straight.. but damn his pics he's looking kinda rough..lol

i read and this is just rumors.. that the director wants to keep taylor it's summit that wants to dump him. well summit can kiss my big fat white ass! they just suck and want money. well even if they keep taylor for the start and put bad actor nonjake dude in after the change... i'll wait and watch new moon online from some one that has posted it.

they are gonna ruin this series. now i know why cat left and stood her ground. oh well...what can ya do....nothing..lol
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female
Number of posts : 2414
Job/hobbies : Slacker/Student
Humor : Insane, Sarcastic, Loud
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 9:42 pm

I do not like Michael Copon. The last I saw of Steven was in The Covenant. I really did like that movie. Maybe Chris can save Taylor, and the movies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sinfulwitch
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 1:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Maria Cullen
True Twilighter
Maria Cullen

Female
Number of posts : 1368

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 3:02 pm

Anyone with a Facebook page ?
I just joined this group https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=49367108932
Back to top Go down
*Shantanee*
New Moon Fan
*Shantanee*

Female
Number of posts : 538
Job/hobbies : UPS Slave
Humor : Silly,Cynical,Outlandish,Fun Infectious Humor!
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 3:18 pm

^Ewwww I do not want him as my Jake...I may be biased, but gosh no!!! I got totally pissed at work last week cause my friend and I were having an argument about New Moon...and he insults me by swearing that I'm such a Freaking fan girl that regardless of Taylor I would still go see the movie! That pissed me off even more I am not paying any money to see a Taylor-less New Moon...I have grown quite attached to Taylor and I pretty much said the same thing you said Tam...I feel for Taylor he put in so much work into promoting Twilight,working out and I'm sure he has been just estatic about making New Moon..and to replace him just sucks...I feel for Taylor...( Damn Jacob is getting treated wrong all the time lol!) I just have completely fell in love with Taylor...and I was so happy cause Robert is pretty much becoming a big star,Kristen is out there and I want the same thing for Taylor...I wanted this movie to really catapult his career(as well as all the other cast)...Plus Taylor has this super huge fanbase of girls waiting in line for hours to see him and the others...Imagine if they put some New lame ass douche in place of what Taylor already helped build..that would just suck! They are screwing up one of the biggest(& my favorite) Characters from the fucking book good grief dude! Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female
Number of posts : 2124
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 3:20 pm

VelvetRainDrops wrote:
Okay y'all, please don't mad for what I'm about to say. I like Taylor and all, but I feel that if they are going to make this movie work they should cast someone that will fit the part. how will they take a 5'9 person and make him look 6'3 or 6'4, without using alot of the money they don't have to make this movie?

I actually agree i loved Taylor but Taylor not only is short but he also still has that baby face. Jacob is supposed to grow up a lot in a short amount of time and no camera trick is going to do that realistically and thats the key word......realistically. I would be just as upset if every scene with Jacob looks fake in New Moon.
Back to top Go down
Karen
In Love With Eclipse
Karen

Female
Number of posts : 768
Job/hobbies : Professional stalker of Twilight, WWE and New Kids Hotties!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 3:24 pm

Yeah that's maybe true, but you have to understand that it's just a movie. And it's been said before, you don't have to be completely to the book. To replace Taylor would just be silly, if they had any doubts about re-hiring him for New Moon, then why on earth would they cast him in Twilight in the first place???

I'm not trying to cause any arguements or anything, that just totally MY opinion.
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:09 pm

Exactly Karen they knew from the start he was 16 short and young. I love Taylor and don't want him replaced with that ugly ass fool!!!
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:55 am

i'm so like going nuts wondering what is going on..lmao. some say that they may keep him for the start before his change and then bring in that piece of crap that is constantly running his lips. shit i can't even remember his damn name..lmao.

anyway.. IF they do that i MIGHT think about seeing it. if they do kick taylor out all together... i'll wait and watch the stolen copy online..lol. summit is being so stupid. just like so many have said it doesn't have to go just like the book. oh whatever i feel like i'm talking in circles at this point..lmao

now if the age thing and the movie making law is an issue...i do understand. but they could still work around that some how. i mean his dad goes everywhere he does. if he needs to work nights why can't they sign a thing saying only if a parent is on set? hell i don't know how movie shit works, but that's what i would push for if it were me and my son.

guess we will just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Teffy
Bitten
Teffy

Number of posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:43 pm

Because the movie law doesn't work like that..LOL.
Even if there is a parent on set, Taylor still can only work a certain number of hours per week and up to a certain time on weeknights I believe. PLUS, he will also have to have a tutor on the set and a certain number of school hours a day also. It's not as easy to work around as it sounds honestly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.edgeuniversity.net
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:49 pm

as i said i didn't know. i just watch movies i don't know their laws or anything.

oh well i'm waiting to see summit is gonna screw this up i have a feeling. for me as a fan anyway.
Back to top Go down
Maria Cullen
True Twilighter
Maria Cullen

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 3:16 pm

I quite like the other dood & he's kinda hot but I just have this liking for Taylor so I feel kinda protective of him ! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 3:48 pm

ugh i don't like copon...and he so doesn't look like jake to me. but someone on another board made a great point that i rather enjoyed. why don't they cast him for the part of paul! with his cocky attitude and what not. i've been reading that he's really like that in real life..haha

anyway... doesn't matter anyway.. summit will do what they want anyway...haha. maybe if they weren't rushing this film even the age thing with taylor wouldn't be an issue.
Back to top Go down
Maria Cullen
True Twilighter
Maria Cullen

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 4:01 pm

He would actually make a great Paul thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter
VelvetRainDrops

Female
Number of posts : 1245
Location : Hiding somewhere with Kellan. Not telling where either.
Job/hobbies : Student
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:14 pm

Teffy wrote:
Because the movie law doesn't work like that..LOL.
Even if there is a parent on set, Taylor still can only work a certain number of hours per week and up to a certain time on weeknights I believe. PLUS, he will also have to have a tutor on the set and a certain number of school hours a day also. It's not as easy to work around as it sounds honestly.

Thats the law for all teenagers. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/starrynights_01
Teffy
Bitten
Teffy

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:21 pm

I honestly don't think Summit is rushing New Moon. They'll most likely have the typical six to ten week shooting schedule...then about four to five months for reshoots and editing.

It's really no different then most movies today...with the exception of the major special effect blockbusters.
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:29 pm

Sad to say its not an EPIC so they don't need a yr old shoots and all that other fun stuff so I'm trying to think positive. Maybe Chris can do this and make it great. I gotta think positive lol
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:47 pm

Tamran wrote:
ugh i don't like copon...and he so doesn't look like jake to me. but someone on another board made a great point that i rather enjoyed. why don't they cast him for the part of paul! with his cocky attitude and what not. i've been reading that he's really like that in real life..haha

anyway... doesn't matter anyway.. summit will do what they want anyway...haha. maybe if they weren't rushing this film even the age thing with taylor wouldn't be an issue.

I am not a fan of Copon BUT truthfully Im not going to knock him or the film until I actually see it. I keep hearing all of this negativity and about it being rushed and all that but I just see it different maybe because I work in film and stuff but truthfully everything they are doing make senses. The film isnt being rushed. Everyone needs to keep in mind this is based on a book so the script is pretty much written it isnt like a regular movie where someone has to come up with these original ideas and if that were the case then yea i would say that it seems to be moving quickly but even then......we dont know how it will turn out. In the book Jake was a lot younger looking in Twilight than in New Moon so it was no surprise to me that they changed actors. Summit already knew they were going to make New Moon so the screenplay was already being written before Twilight even came out so saying it is rushed isnt really true. All of the crew, the actors and everyone besides the director were pretty much signed on and waiting for their cue to start the next one. It makes total sense that they would want to make New Moon and Eclipse back to back. Any crew member would tell you that is ideal because of being able to have the actors stay in character and not having to worry about aging and stuff like that. I think we should all just wait and see if the movie is good or not instead of hearing all of this about them screwing up the books. They didnt screw up the first one so I am going to give them a little credit here and just wait to see how things go. I know everyone is just rowdy and excited about New Moon but im just pretty expressing my opinion on all of the stuff that is being said about the whole situation. I love Taylor and he is a cutie but he was perfect for the younger Jacob not necessarily the older one. I dont like Copon but people talked a lot of crap about Nikki Reed as Rosalie as well and she totally knocked it out of the park. As Twilighters I just think we should have a little more faith and wait before everyone starts rioting lol.
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:53 pm

Teffy wrote:
I honestly don't think Summit is rushing New Moon. They'll most likely have the typical six to ten week shooting schedule...then about four to five months for reshoots and editing.

It's really no different then most movies today...with the exception of the major special effect blockbusters.

I agree they arent rushing it but then too a lot of the people saying that are simply movie goers and dont know the process behind the scenes so it does seem rushed but you're right they have tons of time as far as pre production, shooting and post production. The time frame isnt very short at all and it makes total sense the only stupid thing I think Summit did was the budget for the movie....Twilight made tons of money so the budget should increase drastically especially with the special effects needed for the next movie but then too maybe they kept all of that in mind so who knows. There are tons of blockbusters that just waste money on stupid stuff because they have a big budget so hey maybe they are being smart about it and just using what they need.
Back to top Go down
Teffy
Bitten
Teffy

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:35 pm

See, I personally don't think that New Moon is going to need as much money for a budget. The biggest things are going to be filiming in Italy and CGI work if they keep Taylor. I think that Eclipse is going to need ALOT more of the money than New Moon...which is another reason why I think that New Moon only got 50 mil.

I also think that maybe Summit is still paying for the huge advertising/media blitz that they did for Twilight. I don't think they anticipated the reaction to the movie....AND it seems like they are going to go all out for the DVD, which is going to eat some of the profit as well.

I'm sure if things get really nasty and the movie needs more money in the middle of things, Summit will gladly give it to them.
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:01 am

Very true I mean it is still more than Twilight had and yea maybe the budget wont be a big deal. Either way I just have a feeling things will end up the way they should with the movie. Everyone seems to be freaking out but then too people freaked out about the casting for Twilight as well so I guess it comes with the terrority. Im more of a wait and see type of gal anyways so jumping the gun and saying it will suck or that I wont go see it isnt my style and trust me I am not a fan of this Copon guy but hell he could surprise us all. I would like to think that the producers and whole casting crew know what they are doing. They chose Rob and Kristen as the perfect Edward and Bella. They went with their guts about choosing Nikki a brunette to play Rosalie and she did amazing. And they followed suit with the other Cullens as well. I think by now we should trust that maybe just maybe they know what they are doing lol so I agree with you the budget could be actually perfect.
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:24 pm

Wait...hold up I think we have all jumped the gun a bit. TAYLOR HAS NOT BEEN OFFICIALLY REPLACED YET! There is still hope ladies and gents! It seems that the media has once again hyped up something that isnt true....surprise surprise. Taylor himself said he has a meeting with the director tomorrow to discuss everything and nothing has been decided. I hope all goes well and Taylor still gets to play Jacob....I hope he looks big enough anyways. Well lets cross our fingers and hope for the best!
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 12:09 am

yeah we knew it wasn't a confirmed yes he's out...but there was talk about all these different things. but also knew that they was not a confirmed no either.

tho he does have his meeting with chris tomorrow...so now is the wait.....

i noticed in the interview he did for this and the pics how even the haters have gone all nuts with how big he's gotten..haha. i was amused at this one place i was reading how there was a 98% turn around seeing him today....lol

of course there are a few that say he's not tall enough.. the effects will cost too much. that type of thing. like i said to someone today and it has to be exactly like the book because? there were things in twilight that aren't exactly like the book. yet all this jacob stuff people are yelling it HAS to be that way when most of the people could even give 2 shits about jake..in the movie or in the book... so i don't get it..lmao
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:06 am

For me it isnt that it has to be exactly like the book but it doesnt need to differentiate that much as far as the characters. Stephenie spent so much time describing the characters and especially Jake's change that it just seems odd that suddenly oh well that doesnt matter. It does matter for the book, the movie, the idea of the transformation of a werewolf it does matter. I think they could make him look taller and if he is getting bigger thats great. But I cant act like seeing the same small Jacob wouldnt be hard to accept since he is supposed to be totally different in New Moon......it was kind of the point of how many pages in the book? Trust me I am rooting for Taylor as well over this Copon guy but his age, height and size will always be an issue. He's 16, short and chiseled but not just huge so I am wondering how big he can actually get.....now I am intrigued.
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 2:35 pm

if you go by what SM described you'd need freaking john cena to the play the role! LMAO i'm not concerned with him being HUGE 7 feet tall and muscle bond. alice was suppose to only be 4'10, jasper was suppose to be like 6'2 emmet doesn't have long hair...ahaha. SM describes way tooo much detail and cat even said in an interview once that she told SM if you want things done a certain way you need to chill on the descriptions..lmao.

anyway.. the only thing i care about.. are seeing him and the pack change into wolves. that is the important thing. not how big or tall he is and if you get down too it then sam is sure not big enough or tall enough. them shape shifting and it looking right is what matters. she describes the wolves as being big ass horses... how is that gonna work unless he uses complete CGI work.

i want taylor to stay that's what i'm pulling for. if he does then from there all i want is the shape shifting done right and well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new details taylor out as jake?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next