Twilighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Titleist AP1 710 Irons First cooperation with Callaway X-22 Irons

Go down 
AuthorMessage
aucheapgolf
Twilight Lover

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Titleist AP1 710 Irons First cooperation with Callaway X-22 Irons Empty
PostSubject: Titleist AP1 710 Irons First cooperation with Callaway X-22 Irons   Titleist AP1 710 Irons First cooperation with Callaway X-22 Irons I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:35 am

I ordered several months a set of the Titliest AP1 Irons, with the Project X Flighted 5.0 Shafts. I immediately saw unbelievable results, High Ball Flight, Perfect Ball Trajectory, Straight Ball Flight, Consistant Ball Carry Distance with all Irons 4 Thru GW. I have observed a much straighter australia golf online flight and the alignment is so easy. All you have to do is align your club face to your target and pull the triger.

I had Callaway X-22 Irons and they were great clubs but I was ready to upgrade. When I played the Titliest AP1 Irons for the first time I had difficulty getting the ball of and I was doing terrible. After the first 9 when i hit the back 9 my partners were shocked, my balls were flying and going farther then ever. Shot a 55 on the front 9 but after getting used to them saved the back 9 with a 38.These are excellent irons long and straight. I gained a couple of yard on my shots and I am able to control the club better.

New for 2010, the redesigned AP1’s offer a lot of forgiveness while retaining that Titleist “player’s” pedigree. At first glance, the AP1 710 Irons looked a little large and more offset than I am accustomed to playing. The offsets are progressive, with the most offset to be found in the 3, 4 and 5 irons. As you get to the 7-PW, the offsets are lessened.

I am able to work them, with tight draws coming easily, and fades with a little more work. Never once did they exhibit any propensities to “hook” due to offset, even in the most offset long irons. I have hit some of the best long iron shots I can recall with the AP1 710’s. Blade length is the same throughout the set with enhanced progressive offset. Lofts are two degrees stronger versus Titleist AP2 712 Irons.

The tungsten soles of the Titleist AP1 712 Irons, along with their overall width, provide a solid platform of forgiveness. I paired them with my usual Project X 6.5 shafts. The resulting flight was very strong, but not too hot to control the ball going into the green. The trajectories cut through the wind easily, and they proved to be a very straight-hitting design.

The AP1 710’s come in a bright chrome finish. While looking pretty snazzy, they do seem to lose a little of their luster with use. They are very much a set in the Titleist tradition of performance, while widening the target audience to include those who seek to get into the 60’s with their scores, all the way to those looking to break 90 or even 100.
Back to top Go down

Titleist AP1 710 Irons First cooperation with Callaway X-22 Irons
Page 1 of 1