Twilighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

release party

Go down 
+5
Stargazer
TwilightLulu82
ninadoll
Teffy
Tamran
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female
Number of posts : 1677
Registration date : 2008-08-24

release party Empty
PostSubject: release party   release party I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 3:31 am

i went to hot topic and i think i should have gone some where else..lol. there were at least 400 people there if not more. they came out and said they were letting us go in groups into the store to shop and what not. so we did that and this chic would randomly stand by the door and ask questions about the books and stuff. then said that later she had gift cards to give out. but she was saving those tough questions for later.

so after you shop you get back in line. this line was INSANE! i never saw the girl come back around and ask things so you could win the gift cards. we got to fill out 2 slips to put in a drawing. on the back it said they would draw and the person would be notified by phone on 3/23/09 if they won.

the people would scream just to scream and it echoed thru the area of the mall we were in and let me just say it was not good. people were covering their ears and stuff. so then at 12 they start letting people in to get their dvd. a few at a time. i finally got mine and was out of the mall at like 12:30.

it was the saddest "party" i've ever seen. Ht saying they were doing all this stuff and i didn't see any of it happen at my store! if they did any of it they did it up front by the door and i don't think that's fair. cause if you got out of line you lost your spot. i should have gone to borders or walmart now i think. but who knows maybe they will draw later or something.

this fandom is out of their minds. a lady fainted even before it got started. people had gotten there HOURS before hand to stand in line only to have to circle the store and stand in line again. it was loud and yeah sometimes alittle fun when you meet some nice grown ups..lol. but as a whole.. i will never do a HT event again! you can't get in the store at all cause it's too small. why they bother i dont' know.

but i got my dvd and now i'm about to go to bed..lol so how did yalls go?
Back to top Go down
Teffy
Bitten
Teffy

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-08-26

release party Empty
PostSubject: Re: release party   release party I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:37 am

Mine went pretty good Smile

We went to Borders. The HT by me is just WAY to small and we knew it was going to be chaos there. Plus we liked the Borders version better. We hit all the stores around us before the party though and I ended up with some nice stuff, including the pillowcase FINALLY!!!

There was probably a good 500 people at my party. They had free drinks and stuff which was cool. They sold cool stuff ( a giant foam floor Edward puzzle!). I just missed the last board game they were selling. They did trivia which they didn't give anything away for so that was a little stupid. They had this big board for everyone to sign and stuff. At around 11 they started to line people up. They gave out wristbands all day and you got lined up according to color and then number. Pre-orders were first so I was at the front of the line...LOL! The way they did it actually went very smoothly I have to say.

I wasn't thrilled with the raffles they have. I thought the HT ones were better. Borders just raffled off the cards that came with their special edition, and some promo cd's from the radio station they had there.

We were stoked the whole night though cause our store was one of the one's listed as a possible suprise cast member location.....turned out noone was there though..LOL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.edgeuniversity.net
ninadoll
Bitten
ninadoll

Female
Number of posts : 149
Job/hobbies : ..student..twilight..
Humor : ..i'm a pro at weird..
Registration date : 2009-01-10

release party Empty
PostSubject: Re: release party   release party I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 12:09 pm

Tam..my hot topic was the same way!!! letting people in 15 at a time for a raffle and shopping then had to go get back in line for the movie. i was annoyed...girls were screaming everywhere for no reason..i did win a $5 gift card though...woohoo! lol..but to me it wasn't worth the whole waiting in line at 10..i thought more would be going on but nothing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com.ninamcmichael
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female
Number of posts : 2414
Job/hobbies : Slacker/Student
Humor : Insane, Sarcastic, Loud

release party Empty
PostSubject: Re: release party   release party I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 1:25 pm

Geez, Mine had like 50 people lol.. We all just hung out in the store and danced lol Walked around the store, Played the trivia they gave away the window clings, a few posters and gift cards. At midnight they just made too lined and I was out by 12:15. I have pictures up on my myspace.. If anyone wants to see em and doesn't may myspace page its www.myspace.com/sinfulwitch . I only 2 problems, 1 the mall had turned the air off so it was HOT in the store (It was also hot in there cuz they have some hotties working there) and 2, 3 girls who couldn't be more then 11 were fuckin pissin me off!!!!!! During the trivia they would actually push me out of the way, I finally went the "Mother" and said if you kids push me or step on my feet one more time I will have them kicked out. I was pissed! But I did feel some justice haha The one girl REALLY wanted the Bella cling and she didn't know the answer to the question so she didn't get it and she actually cried. I know that makes me sound like a bitch but they were bothering everyone giving people dirty looks, screaming in a confined space.. Carrie the manager told them to knock it off more the once. Over all I have fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sinfulwitch
Stargazer
New Moon Fan
Stargazer

Female
Number of posts : 591

release party Empty
PostSubject: Re: release party   release party I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 5:59 pm

well at my border's it was not so great as some of you already know. The tweenie boppers were just annoying im sorry. They had no food or drinks for anyone and i just wanted to get my dvd and go lmao. However, this morning i also went to walmart and picked up another dvd hehe. All and all it wasn't what they made it seem like.
Back to top Go down
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter
VelvetRainDrops

Female
Number of posts : 1245
Location : Hiding somewhere with Kellan. Not telling where either.
Job/hobbies : Student
Registration date : 2008-08-28

release party Empty
PostSubject: Re: release party   release party I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:22 am

Did anyone else get anything at the store, for being there?

I went to Wal-Mart. I asked the girl that morning what they were going to do, she's like have cake, watch the movie, prizes and something else but i've forgotten. I sat in the floor by myself and read. They didn't do anything but have cake and I got a little Twilight folder, inside there was a door hanger that says "Do not disturb, viewing party inside", a Twilight party guide that has recipes, Edward poster, and a temp tattoo that says Team Edward. I had a small piece of cake, and told my mom that i was going to die from sugar overdose...... way to sweet...lol I left when they started lining up. I had to get stuff for my mom. I got tired of the employs running their mouth because there were too many people in there and not enough of them to work. I told someone that they knew it was going to be big and busy, they should have had more people to work.

The person my husband knows that works at blockbuster saved me an Edward poster. They were giving out like 20 posters and got me one. Oh yeah, Blockbuster said you could pre-order twilight for 19.99 and you had to put 5 down on it. Well, they freaking lied, my hubby went and gave the dude the money to pay for it (cause they wouldn't let him go ahead and pay the rest of it off.) I was looking at the ticket from where he payed for the movie, and it said 19.20. I was like HELLO, they need to give some money back. The lady that was running the place lastnight told him that even if you put the money down on it it was still going to be 19. something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/starrynights_01
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female
Number of posts : 2414
Job/hobbies : Slacker/Student
Humor : Insane, Sarcastic, Loud

release party Empty
PostSubject: Re: release party   release party I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:39 am

Thats Bananas! Whenever you put money down on something it comes off the price.. I would of kicked that woman in the shins!!! After the HT party I went to Walmart to see what might be going on and it was DEAD in there and it was only like 12:30. I got that folder thingy. I am still recovering from the damned headache I got at the party, I think it was a combo of noise and being hungry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sinfulwitch
Stargazer
New Moon Fan
Stargazer

Female
Number of posts : 591

release party Empty
PostSubject: Re: release party   release party I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:53 am

Yea my walmart didnt give out anything. They said only the 24 hours stores were doing that. I did however stop at blockbuster yesturday and got the last two edward poster's for 9.99
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

release party Empty
PostSubject: Re: release party   release party I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:37 pm

it's amazing seeing how everyones went. the screaming i cant' do the screaming.. that is like yeah..haha. i mean for no reason. like at wrestling it makes sense.. to get a movie and no one was there.. yeah stupid.

i did go to target yesterday morning and got my dvd from there. they had like hundreds of them. but the blu rays were going fast!

yeah next time i'll either just stay at home or pick more carefully..lol
Back to top Go down
Maria Cullen
True Twilighter
Maria Cullen

Female
Number of posts : 1368

release party Empty
PostSubject: Re: release party   release party I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:03 pm

You guys are so lucky that you have things like that going on, We have nothing here ! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female
Number of posts : 2124
Registration date : 2008-09-04

release party Empty
PostSubject: Re: release party   release party I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:36 pm

Well it was a hectic weekend but I am finally able to log back on and talk to you ladies. I did go to the HT Party and ours was great. The place I went was in a small town that is just now starting to blossom so they built this cool mall but all of the shoppes are outside and like their own little place. HT wasnt like the usual small ones in the malls in Dallas. There were about 75 people at most but a lot of teens that were screaming and hollering the whole time. Luckily there were some adults there and Twilight Moms so we all just hung out in the store and talked. They played the Twilight Soundtrack all night so we all were dancing and having a good time. They gave away 50 dollar HT Gift Cards as Trivia prizes and I actually won one! They asked what was Alice's human name and I of course was all over that so I won a cool gift card.....now I can buy some of their stuff online. They did have drinks and cookies out for everyone and it was cool because the HT Staff were really excited and welcoming so we all just had a great time. Around 11 everyone was told to line back up outside......I was the third person in line which was cool. I did notice that a lot of people came late so about 100 people were there in line. At midnight everyone just went crazy and all those damn teens were screaming their hearts out....one girl did faint. I got my DVD and left after that because the staff said that was all they were doing and there werent anymore raffles or trivia. They were going to give away a Edward standup....but they had it out so people could take pictures and someone ripped it and damaged it. All in all it was a pretty cool event.
Back to top Go down
VampyressAnita
Bitten

Female
Number of posts : 14

release party Empty
PostSubject: Re: release party   release party I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:25 pm

I didn't go to any of the parties because I had to go to work at like 4 in the morning, but I went to Walmart at 3 a.m. and everyone was gone, but they said the people had been lined up clear through the store and it was crazy! lol
I walked to electronics and got the movie the 2 disc one, but to be truthful I haven't even got to open it or watch it yet because I work all weekend, but I am going to have my own little Twilight party tomorrow and watch it!
The only merchandise they had left was Team Jacob stuff.
I have the movie ordered from Target too and they said it was shipped, now what I am going to do with 2 copies of the movie I don't know! lol
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female
Number of posts : 2124
Registration date : 2008-09-04

release party Empty
PostSubject: Re: release party   release party I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 8:32 pm

Yea there was insanity where I was and there werent even tons of people there. All of the merchandise in the store was quickly selling out for the most part.
Back to top Go down
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter
VelvetRainDrops

Female

release party Empty
PostSubject: Re: release party   release party I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:34 am

Maybe this time next year they will have learned from their mistakes and do the release parties better.
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

release party Empty
PostSubject: Re: release party   release party I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:04 am

we can hope jenn.. we can hope..lol
Back to top Go down
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter
VelvetRainDrops

Female

release party Empty
PostSubject: Re: release party   release party I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:09 pm

Smile wonder if we can contact summit, and let them know that the parties sucked and see if they can do something about next years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

release party Empty
PostSubject: Re: release party   release party I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

release party
Page 1 of 1