TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter

Female
Number of posts : 2414
Job/hobbies : Slacker/Student
Humor : Insane, Sarcastic, Loud
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:19 pm

OMG I wanna see them!!! I'm sure they aren't coming to this area.. I'm surprised No Doubt is haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/sinfulwitch
cklover42
True Twilighter

Female
Number of posts : 2124
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:45 am

Well damn tonight is Daylight savings time and I totally forgot about it. It sucks because when I moved last week to Tampa I lost an hour since Dallas was an hour behind and now I lose one more! What the french toast!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:05 pm

lmao Everytime I hear or see someone say that I laugh. I am so damn tired, I went out on a date with someone I've dated on and off for almost 3 yrs and we went to the movies and saw Watchmen (Not all it was cracked up to be) and with the daylight crap It was 3am before I got home and 5am before I finally went to bed. Last night was weird too I really REALLY like this guy and he has this weird thing about dissapearing on me, Its hard to be excited about anything with him. GAH men
Back to top Go down
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter

Female
Number of posts : 1245
Location : Hiding somewhere with Kellan. Not telling where either.
Job/hobbies : Student
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:46 am

I just wanted to let you guys know if I disappear for awhile, do worry. My internet will probably be disconnected for I can get it payed. Hopefully I'll be back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/starrynights_01
cklover42
True Twilighter

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:22 am

Aw yes men can seriously drive you crazy especially when you are really into them. Yea I heard Watchmen wasnt very good.....I never even knew what it was and I have been so into my Twilight mode I havent worried about other movies. Last night sucked with the time for real! I hope you get your internet to stay on! Ok I think I covered everything mentioned.....oh one more thing.....for some reason I have a severely sore throat and am starting to feel bad...damn!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:27 am

We will be here waiting for ya Jenn ~hugs~
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:37 am

Ok woke up today and feel horrible I need a nap! My throat is really sore for some reason....boooooo!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ninadoll
Bitten

Female
Number of posts : 149
Job/hobbies : ..student..twilight..
Humor : ..i'm a pro at weird..
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:43 pm

hope you don't have strep. its going around..and the flu Sad my kids have been sick all weekend!! oh..and a friend of mine in tampa had strep too..lol...just saying!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com.ninamcmichael
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:49 pm

I had strep a few weeks ago. That shit is bananas. Feel better soon Rachelle!
Back to top Go down
ninadoll
Bitten

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:17 pm

i don't do strep throat very well..i immediately know when i have it and immediately go to the doctor and get a shot..then im sick in bed for a week...but the shot does wonders!!!
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:33 pm

What the french toast! Strep? Oh hell no please dont let me have strep. That would be horrible! Today has just been a horrible day in so many ways and the last thing I need is strep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ninadoll
Bitten

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:44 pm

well hopefully it isn't..strep is usually unbearable so if your throat is just scratchy and not too bad maybe its just something in the air..crossing my fingers you don't have strep!!! im sorry you are having a horrible day Sad
Back to top Go down
Stargazer
New Moon Fan

Female
Number of posts : 591

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:54 pm

feel better rachelle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lusty
Twilight Lover

Female
Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:51 pm

Source: The Associated Press
Quote :
Obama opens up stem cell work, science inquiries

WASHINGTON From tiny embryonic cells to the large-scale physics of global warming, President Barack Obama urged researchers on Monday to follow science and not ideology as he abolished contentious Bush-era restraints on stem-cell research. "Our government has forced what I believe is a false choice between sound science and moral values," Obama declared as he signed documents changing U.S. science policy and removing what some researchers have said were shackles on their work.

"It is about ensuring that scientific data is never distorted or concealed to serve a political agenda and that we make scientific decisions based on facts, not ideology," Obama said.

Researchers said the new president's message was clear: Science, which once propelled men to the moon, again matters in American life.

Opponents saw it differently: a defeat for morality in the most basic questions of life and death.

"The action by the president today will, in effect, allow scientists to create their own guidelines without proper moral restraints," said Family Research Council President Tony Perkins said.

In a crowded ornate East Room, there were more scientists in the White House than Alan Leshner, CEO of the American Association for the Advancement of Science had seen in his 30 years in Washington. "More happy scientists than I've seen," he added.

The most immediate effect will allow federally funded researchers to use hundreds of new embryonic stem cell lines for promising, but still long-range research in hopes of creating better treatments, possibly even cures, for conditions ranging from diabetes to paralysis. Until now, those researchers had to limit themselves to just 21 stem cell lines created before August 2001, when President George W. Bush limited funding because of "fundamental questions about the beginnings of life and the ends of science."

Science, politics and religion have long intertwined and conflicted with each other. In his actions Monday, especially with the stem cell decision, Obama is emphasizing more the science than the religion, when compared with his predecessor, science policy experts say. But they acknowledged politics is still involved.

Don't expect stem cell cures or treatments anytime soon. One company this summer will begin the world's first study of a treatment using human embryonic stem cells, in people who recently suffered spinal cord injuries. Research institutions on Monday were gearing up to ask for more freely flowing federal money, and the National Institutes of Health was creating guidelines on how to hand it out and include ethical constraints. It will be months before the stem cell money flows; the average NIH stem cell grant is $1.5 million spread out over four years.

Scientists focused on a new sense of freedom.

"I think patients everywhere will be cheering us on, imploring us to work faster, harder and with all of our ability to find new treatments," said Harvard Stem Cell Institute co-director Doug Melton, father of two children with Type I diabetes that could possibly be treated with stem cells. "On a personal level, it is an enormous relief and a time for celebration. ... Science thrives when there is an open and collaborative exchange, not when there are artificial barriers, silos, constructed by the government."

Opponents framed their opposition mostly, but not exclusively, on morality grounds and the scientifically contested claims that adult stem cells work just as well.

Said Wendy Wright, president of Concerned Women for America: "President Obama's order places the worst kind of politics above ethics politics driven by hype makes overblown promises, fuels the desperation of the suffering and financially benefits those seeking to strip morality from science."

In Congress, Reps. Diana De Gette, D-Colo., and Mike Castle, R-Del., said they would seek a quick vote on legislation to codify Obama's order in federal law, after failing twice in the past to overturn former President George W. Bush's restrictions. DeGette said she doesn't want stem cell research to become "a pingpong ball going back and forth between administrations."

But Rep. Tom Price, R-Ga., chairman of the Republican study committee, said the president's new policy would "force taxpayers to subsidize research that will destroy human embryos." De Gette and Castle said their legislation tries to minimize destruction of embryos.

Stem cells are typically derived from fertility clinic surplus, destined for destruction.

Obama also said the stem cell policy is designed so that it "never opens the door to the use of cloning for human reproduction." Such cloning, he said, "is dangerous, profoundly wrong, and has no place in our society or any society."

In addition to the stem cell order, Obama issued a memo designed to ensure openness about scientific research and give whistleblower protection to scientists.

Promoting science "is about letting scientists like those here today do their jobs, free from manipulation or coercion, and listening to what they tell us, even when it's inconvenient especially when it's inconvenient," Obama said.

Science and politics often conflict, said Granger Morgan, professor of engineering and public policy at Carnegie Mellon University and a former science advisory board chairman for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Perhaps illustrated no more wildly than in 1897 when the Indiana legislature attempted to change the mathematical concept of pi to 3.2. Science should provide the facts that politicians use for their decisions, Morgan and Leshner said.

Many scientists and environmental activists complained that the Bush administration had censored and marginalized science. That's a perception that Bush science adviser John Marburger repeatedly called untrue and unfair.

In 2006, the White House edited out congressional testimony about public health effects of global warming by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Julie Gerberding. A 2003 EPA global warming document was edited by nonscientists at the White House. A NASA political appointee tried and failed to silence the agency's top climate scientist.

Former Surgeon General Richard Carmona resigned in 2006, complaining about White House interference on global health issues: "The problem with this approach is that in public health, as in democracy, there is nothing worse than ignoring science or marginalizing the voice of science for reasons driven by changing political winds."

Obama advisers contend that all has changed. The government has already put on hold rules about scientific input on endangered species, reinstating advice that had been excised during the Bush administration.

Public policy must "be guided by sound scientific advice," said Dr. Harold Varmus, the Nobel Prize-winning co-chairman of the President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology. The new memo Obama signed is "mainly a way of trying to prevent tampering with any advice," Varmus told MSNBC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cklover42
True Twilighter

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:18 pm

Yea I saw that article as well. Thanks for all the love ladies! I have been taking tons of vitamin C and just trying to get some sleep. I had a nice nap today hopefully it isnt strep if so it is just the beginning of it. I have had it before but dont want to have that lovely experience ever again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ninadoll
Bitten

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:34 pm

Ginger tea is good too...it helps me when im feeling yucky and about to get sick...always helps me! Organic ginger tea!
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:13 pm

A lot of people have told me about ginger tea but sadly I can't have it I am allergic to Ginger.. My sister said its great for morning sickness I was GREAT guess when I get pregnant its toast and crackers for me haha.. Its freaking freezing in the damn house. My mom is all about the AC damn menopause lol. I'm actually watching Raw live instead of DVR'd.. Damn Undertaker is talking he usually is the strong but silent type lol.
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:53 pm

I actually have been watching wrestling lately. I dont know why I just havent been in the mood and usually I am all about wrestling......I think Twilight has officially taken over as my obsession. As far as this stupid throat issue I am just trying to sleep I think tomorrow I will get a lot of rest for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:36 pm

I am so tired but I know if I went to bed right now I would lay in bed staring at the ceiling. I was up till 5am last night. I gotta get some insurance so I can get back on the meds. Ok I almost stopped watching wrestling all together when Cena said he loved Vicky.. But thank god he was only joking. I'm starting to like her she's hilarious.
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:39 am

I will be pulling an all nighter just reading a great fanfiction story that is ridiculously long but so interesting nonetheless. It is always nice to find something you want to read and be able to just enjoy it. Curl up in bed and just read.....thats a good night for me lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maria Cullen
True Twilighter

Female
Number of posts : 1368

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:38 pm

Im feeling really grotty lately, Im going for my gall bladder scan in the morning
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cklover42
True Twilighter

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:27 pm

Good luck Maria and for all of those who were pulling for me lol my throat is feeling much better so it isnt strep wooohooo!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maria Cullen
True Twilighter

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:33 pm

Thanks hun
Im glad your throat is feeling better
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stargazer
New Moon Fan

Female
Number of posts : 591

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:30 pm

im glad your throat is better

maria good luck and i love the new graphic girl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maria Cullen
True Twilighter

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Thread..Again!   Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:16 pm

Thanks honey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content