Twilighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stephan King is not a fan!

Go down 
+3
cklover42
Xtremeangel
*Shantanee*
7 posters
AuthorMessage
*Shantanee*
New Moon Fan
*Shantanee*

Female
Number of posts : 538
Job/hobbies : UPS Slave
Humor : Silly,Cynical,Outlandish,Fun Infectious Humor!
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Stephan King is not a fan! Empty
PostSubject: Stephan King is not a fan!   Stephan King is not a fan! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 4:17 am

I hate when people I like annoy me!

for those who haven't seen this stephen King had some not so nice things to say about our girl Stephenie...and I don't like it one bit...

Quote :
I think that I serve that purpose for some writers, and that’s a good thing. Both Rowling and Meyer, they’re speaking directly to young people. ... The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can’t write worth a darn. She’s not very good."

Quote :
People are attracted by the stories, by the pace and in the case of Stephenie Meyer, it’s very clear that she’s writing to a whole generation of girls and opening up kind of a safe joining of love and sex in those books. It’s exciting and it’s thrilling and it's not particularly threatening because they’re not overtly sexual. A lot of the physical side of it is conveyed in things like the vampire will touch her forearm or run a hand over skin, and she just flushes all hot and cold. And for girls, that’s a shorthand for all the feelings that they’re not ready to deal with yet."

I think Stephenie is a brill writer....to say someone can't write worth a darn is so harsh I'm going to need some proof...and he's just being a prick because he's made so much money and feels like he can say what he wants...and of course girls aren't ready to deal with those lind of feelings...that is portrayed in the way Bella acts...I love how he assumes he knows what's in the mind of teenage girls...I'm irritated and can't frame a coherent thought right now!

here's the rest of the story...this bitchass-ness carries on to some other peeps also...
http://blogs.usaweekend.com/whos_news/2009/02/exclusive-steph.html
Back to top Go down
Xtremeangel
In Love With Eclipse
Xtremeangel

Female
Number of posts : 616
Location : Preston, UK or stalking Donnie Wahlberg and other hot men!
Job/hobbies : Owner of a broken left foot
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Stephan King is not a fan!   Stephan King is not a fan! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:48 am

See I love his books but he's being a bit single minded!!
I quite like the fact the books aren't overtly sexual! It has an air of innocence about it and I think thats a good thing!
Silly man!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/xtremeangel
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female
Number of posts : 2124
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Stephan King is not a fan!   Stephan King is not a fan! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:36 am

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion and it isnt like he is some inexperienced critic. I do think it was harsh how he put it but then too there were a lot of critics who didnt like her writing style. I love the idea and the concept behind the work. Twilight was brilliant but not everyone is a fan of it or Stephenie.....it comes with the territory. All writers get negative reactions to their works and she is no different.
Back to top Go down
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter
VelvetRainDrops

Female
Number of posts : 1245
Location : Hiding somewhere with Kellan. Not telling where either.
Job/hobbies : Student
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Stephan King is not a fan!   Stephan King is not a fan! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:46 am

I like Cell, but thats about the only book I could get into of his. I've tried reading some of this other books. But I couldn't get passed the 1st or 2nd chapter, they bored me. Now his movies are pretty good. And HELLO most of here are not teen girls. So he doesn't know what he's talking about.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/starrynights_01
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female
Number of posts : 1677
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Stephan King is not a fan!   Stephan King is not a fan! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:44 pm

i was shocked at this one. well i guess in a way i wasn't..haha. i was more shocked at how some fans were agreeing with him at this one place. now don't get me wrong i do love her and think her writing is great. but she is long winded..haha. but some fans i think said it best... she's a great storyteller and not so great writer.

but what got me on his opinion was how he was all teen this or something. like only teens read it. then goes on about how it's not sexual. well DUH it's put in the teen market. he's entitled to his opinion and i can see some things that he says.

i haven't read one of his books. i never could get thru them either. now his movies have been ok. to each their own tho. i rather enjoyed her books!
Back to top Go down
*Shantanee*
New Moon Fan
*Shantanee*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stephan King is not a fan!   Stephan King is not a fan! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 2:07 pm

He's entitled to his opinion...he may be Stephen King,but the way he put it was a bit harsh IMO...I hate when people just assume that only teenagers read these that irks me!...and the fact that it isn't sexual and has some values should be applauded not criticized! that's my major gripe about it...I like Stephen King..although I have never read his books I just wait til they make them into movies! he doesn't have to like it but I just feel that it wasn't too professional IMO!

I still think Stephenie is great...not saying her Twilight saga was writing perfection cause it wasn't I had a lot of problems with the book...but I felt like he was a bit out of line! and saying she can't write worth a darn was the wrong way to put it!

so basically it's not what he said more than it is the way he said it!
Back to top Go down
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter
VelvetRainDrops

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stephan King is not a fan!   Stephan King is not a fan! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 5:04 pm

Tamran wrote:
i haven't read one of his books. i never could get thru them either. now his movies have been ok. to each their own tho. i rather enjoyed her books!

Now he's one of those Long winded people, He has like 700 + of wind.
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female
Number of posts : 2414
Job/hobbies : Slacker/Student
Humor : Insane, Sarcastic, Loud
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Stephan King is not a fan!   Stephan King is not a fan! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 5:32 pm

I don't agree with him, I have read his books and I own some of them but I think Stephenie is awesome. Like Rachelle said everyone is allowed their opinion. Needleful things has to be one of the most boring long ass books I have ever read. And don't get me started on Nightmares and Dreamscapes MY GOD that book is long!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sinfulwitch
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stephan King is not a fan!   Stephan King is not a fan! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 6:37 pm

I agree with Tam! Now I must say I dont agree with his rudeness. There is a way to express your opinion without being a jerk and he doesnt know how to do that but I do think that there was a small bit of truth to it. I am a true Twilighter believe me and I love the books but her writing style isnt the best. The idea and the story are amazing which totally make up for her writing style. I'm sorry but she isnt a great writer. She is a great storyteller and comes up with amazing ideas. There is a huge difference between the two it just sucks she got called out in that way. He could have been more civil about it but I do think Rowling is a better writer than her. Plus I admit I think we can all be a bit biased in favor of Stephenie just like people who hate Twilight are the other way around. I must admit when I read the books there were a lot of points where I stopped and said....I wish she would have written that better.....but at the end of the day she got her point across and finished four top selling books.
Back to top Go down
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter
VelvetRainDrops

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stephan King is not a fan!   Stephan King is not a fan! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:17 pm

My husband said that he likes Stephenie's books more than he likes Stephen Kings stuff. That shock the hell out of me, cause he's all about Anne Rice and J.K. Rowlings book. I read Duma Key and that book took me almost 3 months because it was so long and it didn't grab my attention, like Twilight did.
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stephan King is not a fan!   Stephan King is not a fan! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:32 pm

Well honestly you cant really compare Stephenie Meyer's genre and Stephen Kings'. They are totally different and I have a friend who absolutely loves Stephen King but hates Twilight because of how it was written. But then too he is used to how Stephen King writes and they write about totally different things as well so it isnt a surprise that he didnt really like it. There really isnt a comparison between the two I think it is easier to compare JK Rowling and Meyer because they are reaching the same type of audience and are at least somewhat related in genre which is why I think he mentioned that about Rowling being the better writer. I actually love how Rowling writes and I like her style better than Meyer's style but then too it takes a lot to even notice. Thats when I am in my English mode.....damn English major lol......and am actually looking at how they approach the topic and tell the story. I think Rowling is better at it than Meyer but I am not a Harry Potter fan so it is pretty odd. I like Rowling's writing style but not her stories and love Meyer's stories but not her writing style lol.
Back to top Go down
*Shantanee*
New Moon Fan
*Shantanee*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stephan King is not a fan!   Stephan King is not a fan! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 5:15 am

You Know what I agree with the sentiment that she is a better storyteller than a writer(Stephen should have said that instead)...but I think that's why I love Twilight soo much...it actually helps and hurts her when it comes to her books....the storytelling is great and so many people identified with it because it felt real... the dialogue was so true to life it was eerie...the way Bella was how she interacted with people was just so reminisencent to me that it sucked me in.and stephenioe could describe the hel out of something I'll tell ya....but the writing part of it I'll admit at times it was kind of like when you have a great idea and then the genius stops and you try too hard to keep the momentum and it shows!

Damn You Stephen King for getting me to agree with you!

for the record...I like living in denial Laughing ...I hate having to agree with him...

still think he's was a bit out of line in his opinion...but eh!
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stephan King is not a fan!   Stephan King is not a fan! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:02 am

ohh girl trust me i understand. i think he could have said it better myself. now i don't know about writing and what not. but just from reading books all these years you begin to tell the difference i guess you could say. how she describes things is the story telling part and a part that i rather enjoy. maybe because i'm the same way! i mean i am so long winded when it comes to telling something. come on we've all seen my posts! Laughing you think that is something you should hear me on the phone or in person.. MADNESS! but i think that's why i do enjoy her so much.

now the host is something you can compare her writing to and it's her own work. see how things changed up some. she's still long winded..haha. but i think that's just her and that's ok!

i've never read the first book by rowlings so i couldn't tell ya. my sis who is a writer and has read some of them. isn't a huge fan of her. she was actually scared she wouldn't like the twilight stuff. thinking it would be like rowlings things. i remember us talking about that one day before i sent her twilight.

i think we all just have different tastes and styles. that is what makes the world go round. but i can't wait to read her future things. that's all i know. reading her stuff just makes me feel like i'm there and i rather enjoy that! i think that's why i enjoyed and love the brotherhood stuff as well.
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stephan King is not a fan!   Stephan King is not a fan! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 9:58 pm

I love how Tam puts it....long winded LMAO. I hated how he said it and he could have put it better but there was some truth behind his words. The story is epic and she is a great storyteller but I wouldnt count on her being one of the greatest writers of our time anytime soon. Lol its funny that now ppl are actually starting to think about it and say....maybe King was right....damn him! I actually always thought that but Twilight is so huge and the fans are so passionate that if you say something like that in a forum or hell anywhere right now you will get your head chopped off by someone. I mean look at how King said a couple of sentences negatively about her and BAM its all over the internet....I found it on myspace lol....and now we are spending all of this time talking about it and any negative reviews of Twilight people find. Now that my friends is the power of Twilight lol.
Back to top Go down
howejm3
Bitten
howejm3

Female
Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : Mom and spending time with my family
Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Stephan King is not a fan!   Stephan King is not a fan! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 11:08 am

Hey guys i'm new I just saw the Twilight movie yesterday and ended up staying up until like 4 am and re-watching it. I ended up watching it three times. I am also a Stephen King fan but I don't agree with what he said about the writer of Twilight. I have started reading some of the stuff online about her and I already love her writing a lot more than his. In a different way but I think once I get her books I will be truly hooked. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stephan King is not a fan!   Stephan King is not a fan! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:41 pm

welcome to the board! yeah it's a pretty amazing movie if i do say so myself..lol
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stephan King is not a fan!   Stephan King is not a fan! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:27 pm

Welcome howejm3 always nice to have a new member!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stephan King is not a fan!   Stephan King is not a fan! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stephan King is not a fan!
Page 1 of 1