Twilighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Rumor Mill....

Go down 
+12
neran11
hannah141627
Kenzie
courtneyBABY
obsessed
VelvetRainDrops
Xtremeangel
ninadoll
Tamran
TwilightLulu82
Willow
*Shantanee*
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
*Shantanee*
New Moon Fan
*Shantanee*

Female
Number of posts : 538
Job/hobbies : UPS Slave
Humor : Silly,Cynical,Outlandish,Fun Infectious Humor!
Registration date : 2008-10-15

The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:13 pm

^ Awww lol! of course girls and women all over the world shrieked when they saw the "Edward Hair" was gone!

I also was reading somewhere that Rob was under contract to not cut his hair cause it was so valuable lol! and that was the reason he wouldn't wash it hehe! IDK how true that is,but still funny!
Back to top Go down
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter
VelvetRainDrops

Female
Number of posts : 1245
Location : Hiding somewhere with Kellan. Not telling where either.
Job/hobbies : Student
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:22 pm

My thought is they should use someone that is not all that known, just like they did with the rest of them. I know they were in other movies, but I didn't give them a second look before Twilight. Everyone already knows who Vanessa Hudgens is because of HSM. She was okay in the movies, but like Tam said she's to Disney. I do not think she's mature enough for the role.
The Disney stars have all been push into grown up roles to fast and most of them are nobodies now. Or they'll trashy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/starrynights_01
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female
Number of posts : 1677
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:31 pm

i agree! unknowns are best! when i start seeing these people go for roles it's almost like they are wanting to ride the lets get famous coat tails of twilight can bring. that makes me sick!
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female
Number of posts : 2414
Job/hobbies : Slacker/Student
Humor : Insane, Sarcastic, Loud
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:43 pm

Exactly Tam.. They see all the attention the cast is getting and they want in on that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sinfulwitch
*Shantanee*
New Moon Fan
*Shantanee*

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:46 pm

I agree...I actually love when they cast unknown stars so they can get put out there...also these movies require some actors that have a familarity of the books and some level of love for them IMO! I think you have to truly identify with the books and the fans in order to make the chemistry work and make it real...I think this cast has that...I don't think they should go out and casting people all Willy Nilly lol!

Last edited by *Shantanee* on Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
obsessed
Twilight Lover
obsessed

Female
Number of posts : 384
Job/hobbies : waiting for my edward
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:57 pm

i definitely think they should find someone who isnt really famous for leah clearwater...having brenda song or vanessa hugdens would be wierd...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/freak123
obsessed
Twilight Lover
obsessed

Female
Number of posts : 384
Job/hobbies : waiting for my edward
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:58 pm

my name's leah!! i'll do it!! haha wouldnt that be great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/freak123
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter
VelvetRainDrops

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 4:06 pm

I do not see how they would think Brenda Song would be right for the part in the first place. Her mother is Thai-American and her father is Hmong. soure Leah is Indian or Native American.
If they were going to pick between her and Vanessa Hugden. Vanessa would actually be the better choice. Ethnicities: Filipina, Chinese,and Spanish (from her mother); Irish and American Indian (from her father).
Source
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:28 pm

yeah i mean she does suit it better, no lie about that. i mean ad far as the look goes. i don't know her or what she's done personally. other than the disney thing i asked about..haha. but i still think they should go with unknowns. it worked out pretty good for twilight..lol
Back to top Go down
courtneyBABY
Bitten
courtneyBABY

Female
Number of posts : 29
Job/hobbies : Veterinary Asst.
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:40 pm

VelvetRainDrops wrote:
My thought is they should use someone that is not all that known, just like they did with the rest of them. I know they were in other movies, but I didn't give them a second look before Twilight. Everyone already knows who Vanessa Hudgens is because of HSM. She was okay in the movies, but like Tam said she's to Disney. I do not think she's mature enough for the role.
The Disney stars have all been push into grown up roles to fast and most of them are nobodies now. Or they'll trashy.

I agree. I dont think she's capable of portraying the role good enough. yeah she's an actress but she's just too innocent looking.. and come on, yeah HSM was huge but i dont think that makes her deserve this role ... idk.. i think they could definitely find someone better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marshalls_my_homeboy
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter
VelvetRainDrops

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:15 pm

I think they should pick unknown ppl.
Back to top Go down
courtneyBABY
Bitten
courtneyBABY

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:50 pm

Here's a pretty good vid that sums up everything with vanessa and whats goin on with the twilight dvd and taylor..

ANd.. here are the pictures of Taylor ... wow Shocked

http://www.erickwithnok.com/post/70108056/taylor-lautner-is-ripped-beyond-belief-a-perfect
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:51 am

well it is NOW being reported on twilight lexicon that vanessa has not gone out for the part. as lexicon asked melissa about leah in the movie and she said unless she wrote a page herself no she is not in her script..lol

EW is also reporting that it is not true about her going out for the part..lol

that guy was funny talking about taylor.. Laughing i don't need to see the pics i saw the video.. holy moly that boy is off the hook!
Back to top Go down
Kenzie
Whoa! Over Breaking Dawn
Kenzie

Female
Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:39 pm

I spose I could see vanessa hudgens as Leah, her look is close enough.... but I just imagine her talking and she seems too cutesie....
Back to top Go down
Kenzie
Whoa! Over Breaking Dawn
Kenzie

Female
Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:42 pm

Holy bajeezes I knew Taylor was working out but I didn't know he was THAT big Shocked
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female
Number of posts : 2414
Job/hobbies : Slacker/Student
Humor : Insane, Sarcastic, Loud

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 6:31 pm

Newest rumor is that Summit is getting new director for Eclipse. James Mangold he directed Girl, Interupted (One of my personal favs) Walk the line and 3:10 to Yuma. Why the hell are they even thinking about it. Chris hasn't even started New Moon. I'm pretty sure this is just a rumor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sinfulwitch
courtneyBABY
Bitten
courtneyBABY

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:32 pm

TwilightLulu82 wrote:
Newest rumor is that Summit is getting new director for Eclipse. James Mangold he directed Girl, Interupted (One of my personal favs) Walk the line and 3:10 to Yuma. Why the hell are they even thinking about it. Chris hasn't even started New Moon. I'm pretty sure this is just a rumor.

girl, interrupted is one of my faves too, but i agree they havent even started on new moon yet lol its probably a rumor as well.. but i dont think i would mind if it we're true.. i love the movies he has directed
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:39 am

wtf?! chris hasn't even started yet...lord have mercy..lmao
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:14 am

Studio denies report of James Mangold directing third 'Twilight' book 'Eclipse'

By Germain Lussier
Times Herald-Record
January 14, 2009

A report tying Washingtonville film director James Mangold to the third installment of the "Twilight" saga "Eclipse," has been called false by a studio official.

Paul Pfluge, head of corporate communications for Summit Entertainment - which controls the "Twilight" property - said a report by trade publication Production Weekly that said Summit was "in talks" with the director were "not accurate."

The second film in the "Twilight" saga, "New Moon," is currently in pre-production. Director Chris Weitz ("About a Boy," "The Golden Compass") will helm the adaptation which is scheduled for a Nov. 20 release.

Mangold, who directed Angelina Jolie and Reese Witherspoon to Oscars for "Girl, Interrupted" and "Walk the Line," respectively, graduated from Washingtonville High School in 1981. His last film was the western remake "3:10 to Yuma" with Russell Crowe and Christian Bale.

Universal Pictures announced last week that Mangold was attached to direct and produce "Juliet," a upcoming novel by Danish author Anne Fortie, about a young girl who might be the descendant of Romeo and Juliet.
Back to top Go down
hannah141627
Twilight Lover

Number of posts : 222

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 3:29 pm

i happen to like vanesa hudgens! and HSM.
Back to top Go down
neran11
Bitten
neran11

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:16 am

I tink vanessa is ok but she doesnt relli suit leah anyway guess it doznt relli matter anyway lol
Back to top Go down
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter
VelvetRainDrops

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:50 pm

From Variety.com

Source
Don't believe everything you hear about Twilight and its sequels. Things are heating up already on the third installment, Eclipse. They haven't even started the second one yet, New Moon. When you've got a robust franchise, filmmakers are eager to get on board. Word is, the Spanish director of The Orphanage, Juan Antonio Bayona, and 3:10 to Yuma helmer James Mangold are both circling the project, but Summit insists that no meetings are scheduled as yet. Both would be strong choices.

As to the last two unfilled roles in New Moon, vampires Jane and Aro, no offers have yet gone out, despite what you may have read. And the role of Leah Clearwater isn't being filled, because according to writer Melissa Rosenberg, she isn't in the script!
Back to top Go down
Xtremeangel
In Love With Eclipse
Xtremeangel

Female
Number of posts : 616
Location : Preston, UK or stalking Donnie Wahlberg and other hot men!
Job/hobbies : Owner of a broken left foot
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:25 am

This was on Yahoo this morning......

Dakota Fanning has been offered the role of a bloodsucker in the Twilight sequel, according to Internet reports. The teenage actress is in talks to play an Italian vampire opposite Kristen Stewart and brooding Brit Rob Pattinson in New Moon.

If she accepts the role, the I Am Sam star will play Volturi vamp Jane, according to Eonline.com blogger Marc Malkin.

A source says, "There were no auditions. They just offered it to her outright, and now they’re in negotiations."

The casting news will delight Twilight fans - one devotee of Stephenie Meyers' books recently started an online petition calling for the powers that be to sign up Fanning as Jane because she would be "perfect" for the role.

Filming on New Moon is scheduled to begin in Italy this spring.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/xtremeangel
ninadoll
Bitten
ninadoll

Female
Number of posts : 149
Job/hobbies : ..student..twilight..
Humor : ..i'm a pro at weird..
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:00 am

oh wow....thats quite interesting...dakota fanning as jane...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com.ninamcmichael
*Shantanee*
New Moon Fan
*Shantanee*

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:48 pm

I just read the Dakoto Fanning thing and came and logged on...Ummm no...she's a terrific actress,but this is another case of her being too sweet....

for anyone who has ever watched Pushing Daisies...Kristin Chenoweth is absolutely perfect for this part IMO...I have never even seen the show...when she was suggested by Entertainment Weekly...I read her name and said YESSS! first off she's 4'11,she is a sweetheart but she has like a evil little glare that kind of reminds me of when Jane is torturing Edward...that makes her perfect,she also has this high-pitch kind of girly voice...she basically has a Jane type Voice,and she is absolutely beautiful....she's perfect for Jane! and she's a singer so she has like this nice ring to her voice...she to me fits the description of a Twilight-Type Vampire!

even though I like unknows I think somewhat knowns could work for the Volturi...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rumor Mill....   The Rumor Mill.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rumor Mill....
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next