Twilighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Twilight Devotees - without reading the books!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Carly
Bitten

Female
Number of posts : 2
Job/hobbies : Site Coordinator / Uni Student
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Twilight Devotees - without reading the books! Empty
PostSubject: Twilight Devotees - without reading the books!   Twilight Devotees - without reading the books! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:52 pm

So I'm starting my only little group of Twilight devotees even though they haven't read the books...long story short, I'm pretty much the only reader out of me and my 3 sisters, plus my 2 best friends are not big readers either but I've now dragged them all along to see Twilight (after gushing about the book!!)...and they are addicted! I got emails, phone calls and house visits with demands from them to basically re-tell the book as best as I could so they knew EVERYTHING in the story, without them having to actually pick it up...

I received the last 3 for Christmas and was slammed by them for more details!! I had to race through all three in 4 days (I'm now reading them at a more reasonably pace so I can enjoy everything!!) and then recount every single chapter - absolutely crazy, but hey - if it gets them hooked, I'm happy to sit and play story time!

Something kinda funny about 3 grown adult women sitting on the couches around me, mouths agape, eyes wide open, gasps / groans and sighs aplenty as I quote from a book they're in love with, but too freakin lazy to read!! Ahh well...all good fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tarliasaunty
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female
Number of posts : 1677
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Devotees - without reading the books!   Twilight Devotees - without reading the books! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 1:12 am

haha ya know what tho.. my other mods here.. they haven't read them either or seen the movie. they started reading and like it, that's not the issue. they just don't have the time with work and what not. but they have been that way with me. i told them ALL about everything and they find it interesting. they haven't seen the movie yet either..haha but we can still talk about the series and them understand. all cause i'm so hooked..haha

have fun reading again slower...i've read the all 5 times. they only get better and better..haha

ohh and welcome to the board! glad you could join!
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female
Number of posts : 2124
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Devotees - without reading the books!   Twilight Devotees - without reading the books! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:01 pm

I think it shows how powerful Twilight is lol. People that havent even read the books still love it. I love the books but I can see people watching the movie and just falling in love with the characters as well.
Back to top Go down
twilightman23
Bitten
twilightman23

Male
Number of posts : 13
Job/hobbies : Meat Cutter
Humor : Yea, I'm funny!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Devotees - without reading the books!   Twilight Devotees - without reading the books! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:49 pm

[b]Yeah! I am not a big reader and I have not read the books but I am addicted to the Twilight Saga. I basicly know everything that happened in the books because my wife has read them all at least twice. She begged me to go see the movie and I didn't think I would like the movie but I loved it. So after I seen the movie I found out that my sis-in-law had this forum and I had to join it. After joining this I have learned so much more and have really enjoyed this. Thanks Tam. Love ya sis Tam.
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Devotees - without reading the books!   Twilight Devotees - without reading the books! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:52 pm

I also see you are in love with Alice lol. It's so hilarious having a guy on here because there is a lot of estrogen in this forum. Welcome and I hope you enjoy! You should try reading the books. It is one thing to hear a lot about them but to actually read them is amazing!
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Devotees - without reading the books!   Twilight Devotees - without reading the books! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:39 am

you're welcome bro in law. i'm glad that there is at least one man that gets our twilight stuff..haha love ya too!
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Devotees - without reading the books!   Twilight Devotees - without reading the books! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:15 am

My boyfriend loved the movie but he isnt brave enough to admit he is a Twilighter lol. He went to see it again by himself and was so embarrassed because he was surrounded by screaming women who yelled every time Edward was on the screen.
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Devotees - without reading the books!   Twilight Devotees - without reading the books! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:40 pm

haha! that would be the killer for any man i'm sure all the ladies screaming at edward. mine never would go. he sucks..haha. but he's watching it when i get my dvd. he's already promised! haha
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Devotees - without reading the books!   Twilight Devotees - without reading the books! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:43 pm

Yea he wasnt too happy about all the Edward love...hell he wasnt happy about the love for any of the guys in it tho lol. But he did admit he was falling for Rosalie LMAO. He cracks me up and he said he is also crushing on Alice so there you have it. There is enough eye candy in the movie for everyone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Devotees - without reading the books!   Twilight Devotees - without reading the books! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twilight Devotees - without reading the books!
Page 1 of 1