Twilighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit

Go down 
+2
Maria Cullen
Teffy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Teffy
Bitten
Teffy

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit Empty
PostSubject: Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit   Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:32 pm

Dear fans of Twilight, New Moon, Bella, Edward and Jacob,

In the past few days I have been involved in a whirlwind romance with Stephenie Meyers' extraordinary books.

And I am very grateful to have received her permission to protect New Moon in its translation from the page to the screen.

For fans of the books and of the film of Twilight, this may come as an unexpected twist. So I want to write briefly to try to put you at ease, and to give you reason to hope for and expect the best.

For the last decade of my career as a director, I have chosen to make adaptations of complex and involved works of literature. This has always begun with the love of a book and its characters, story, and theme; and it has always involved a respect of and responsiveness to the feelings of other people who loved those books.

When I saw the film of Twilight, I was alternately entranced and left hungry for more. I was also struck by the extraordinary passion for the characters, story and theme that was evident in the people sitting in the seats around me. My job is to live up to that devotion.

Like many of you, I am a fan of Catherine Hardwicke's work. I can't really say much about why she is not doing New Moon because I wasn't involved in those decisions. But I can say that I will devote myself to making the very best and most faithful version of New Moon that can be brought to the screen. To those who doubt that as a male director I can capture Bella's experience, I can only say that emotion is universal and that my work has often involved working with some of the most talented actresses in the world.

For the rest, the proof will have to be in the pudding. But I promise to remain responsive to your hopes and fears.

I thank you for this opportunity and for your faith.

Very best,

Chris Weitz
Back to top Go down
http://www.edgeuniversity.net
Maria Cullen
True Twilighter
Maria Cullen

Female
Number of posts : 1368

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit   Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 6:37 pm

I just hope he does the book justice. I wont judge him yet but god help him if he fucks up our movie !
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female
Number of posts : 2414
Job/hobbies : Slacker/Student
Humor : Insane, Sarcastic, Loud

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit   Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 8:03 pm

I got my e-mail just now well I think it came earlier but I was napping. He will have to leave the planet cuz leaving the country won't help him. We will find him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sinfulwitch
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter
VelvetRainDrops

Female
Number of posts : 1245
Location : Hiding somewhere with Kellan. Not telling where either.
Job/hobbies : Student
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit   Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 8:16 pm

It's not gonna be that bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/starrynights_01
Teffy
Bitten
Teffy

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit   Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 8:29 pm

I don't think it is either. While everyone is all z0mg American Pie sux...the movie had no problems filming wise. Weitz also did about a boy which wasn't all that bad.
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female
Number of posts : 1677
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit   Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 8:52 pm

i will wait. but i do like how he addressed the fans. that helps some. however at this point the director wasn't worrying me too much...i'm still waiting on taylor to be confirmed. i hold true to my word if they replace him. they won't get my money at the box office.

they can make him work and it won't take money to do it. i hope that chris sees that and is reading what the jake fans want. this is kinda his movie in a way. but i'm worried some cause in summits official release of this info as edward and bella were mentioned so were robert and kristen. when jacob was mentioned.. taylor was not.

i guess in a few days we will know.....
Back to top Go down
Teffy
Bitten
Teffy

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit   Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 9:06 pm

Actually, it's not true that it wont cost money to make Taylor look big. It will cost money if they have to CGI it......and it wont be cheap. It literally can take up to a week to CGI one 30 second clip of a person.....so it costs money material AND labor wise...so with a $50 mil budget plus the fact they want to actually film in Italy, I can see why they would consider a change. And unfortunatly, the fact that the movie did big at the box office doesn't really mean anything. They're doing two movies back to back...which if they budget both at 50 mil means theres a 100 mill right there. Plus, some of the grosses go towards the advertising for Twilight, the production, reproduction, and promotion for the DVD.......and whatever execs organized a cut of whatever the movie made.
Back to top Go down
Kenzie
Whoa! Over Breaking Dawn
Kenzie

Female
Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit   Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:50 pm

I also really like how he addressed the fans. I'm really not worried so much about him anymore, just the Taylor issue confused
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female
Number of posts : 2414
Job/hobbies : Slacker/Student
Humor : Insane, Sarcastic, Loud

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit   Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:14 pm

Yeah thats the only thing that worries me now if the Taylor issue. I've only seen 1 of Chris's movies and that was American pie and I didn't like it but I heard good things about The Golden Compass so I'm not that worried anymore
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sinfulwitch
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female
Number of posts : 1677
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit   Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 3:48 am

but see jake doesn't have to be huge in new moon and taylor has been working out and the boy has buffed up! i don't mean CGI work. that isn't needed for jake in this movie. more people complain that he's too short. well tom cruise is short too. ya know what they have done to make him bigger...shoe lifts... that isn't costly. if he needs to look older make up can help with that. there are ways around it. if they only want a budget of 50 million then it's not enough at all. cause this movie will need major CGI. unless they are gonna chop the hell out of the book.. which wouldn't shock me.

don't care... still not getting my money at the box office if taylor is out. that may be childish and pissy, but that's just how i feel. i HATE recasts. they knew going into this it might be big and they might make more. that's why the asked them all to sign on for the other 2. so they should have thought about that. one reason i feel this way is because taylor has worked his ASS off promoting and what not for the film. he has been so excited about working on it and stuff. so my support about all of this is has to do more with him as a person and an actor. i just wish someone somewhere would say something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit   Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Weitz CONFIRMED by Summit
Page 1 of 1