What did you think?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Joanna
Bitten

Female
Number of posts : 31
Job/hobbies : Certified Nursing Assistant/Obsessing over Twilight, Rob, you know all that stuff! ;)
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: What did you think?   Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:14 am

danni4hardyz wrote:
Nadine wrote:
Joanna wrote:
I'm half way through it and I have to admit, I was very upset when Edward and his family left, it made me sad...but now I am really getting into it, with all this werewolf stuff. Can't wait to see how it brings back Edward though...I miss him! Crying or Very sad I'm such a nerd. I'm probably one of the only ones on this board that is reading these books for the first time.

that totally doesnt matter. everybody starts sometime. its totally alright. yeah i missed Edward too...a LOT. lol

I am with Nadine on this, it really doesn't matter. Oh and I cried like a baby and was totally devastated when Edward left, it broke my heart for them. I cried the second time I read it too lol. It's all worth it in the end, I promise these books are amazing and just affect you so profoundly. ^_^

Wow, I'm so glad I am not the only one that is a big baby! LOL Even when she was hearing is voice in her head I cried...cuz I missed him so much. Like I have been saying, no book, ever, has taken this kind of affect on me. I'm sure I'll be crying when I read it again...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/sunflowerjo75
kat8511
Bitten

Female
Number of posts : 5
Job/hobbies : mom
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: What did you think?   Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:57 pm

I just started new moon last night and I am halfway through. I do not like Jacob for some reason. Let's see if he grows on me. Also I could barely read through the tears when Edward left. What a Shock!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/champainiacs
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter

Female
Number of posts : 2414
Job/hobbies : Slacker/Student
Humor : Insane, Sarcastic, Loud

PostSubject: Re: What did you think?   Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:56 pm

I cried like a baby every time I read that part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/sinfulwitch
*Shantanee*
New Moon Fan

Female
Number of posts : 538
Job/hobbies : UPS Slave
Humor : Silly,Cynical,Outlandish,Fun Infectious Humor!
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: What did you think?   Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:00 am

Yesss people that share the same opinions that I do! I feel right at home cause my friends and family hate it when I react so loudly to something I read in these books! they don't understand!

When Edward left us I was heart broken I teared up a little. Bella had finally fallen in love... madly in love and he leaves her. this is why Bella was such a relate able character...No matter how much Edward expressed his dying devoted love to her the minute he left her in the way he did and all her insecurities came to the surface and she questioned the love they had still believing she wasn't good enough. sad. I wondered why I got so sad, but I guess it was the inner romantic in me was so happy that she found someone she was in love with and he just leaves! Damn.

But this book gave you so much insight into Jacob Black and his life and I loved Jacob to death! Sucks he'd had to play number 2 to Edward. He'd been an easy choice if Edward hadn't existed! he was so sweet and so young a bit of a wise-ass but still cool!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danixsaur
Twilight Lover

Female
Number of posts : 366
Job/hobbies : STNA/Wrestling, Twilight
Humor : I find humor in almost everything

PostSubject: Re: What did you think?   Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:59 am

Joanna wrote:
I'm half way through it and I have to admit, I was very upset when Edward and his family left, it made me sad...but now I am really getting into it, with all this werewolf stuff. Can't wait to see how it brings back Edward though...I miss him! Crying or Very sad I'm such a nerd. I'm probably one of the only ones on this board that is reading these books for the first time.

No no no honey, trust me you aren't the only one here who just started reading the series. I just finished New Moon last night, an just started reading the series 2 weeks ago...
I was upset at Edward as well, I even started crying when he initally left Bella, and I didnt stop crying for awhile. I felt like Edward left me, too lol. As I read more, I loved Jacob and was so happy that he and Bella had such a great relationship. Then once everything started happening I kinda felt bad for poor Jacob.
It doesn't matter if you started reading these books 3 years ago or 3 days ago, these books are amazing and will make almost anyone hooked. I lent Twilight to my best friend on Monday and on Wednesday she texted me and said "I'm in love with Edward". I lol'd. Thats just how these books are!! I too am in love with Edward, along with millions of other girls.

Ok so I'm making a little trip to the mall again...LOL. I will try not to spend as much as I did last week, but I for sure need ti get Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_Cullin
Bitten

Female
Number of posts : 8
Job/hobbies : Massage Therapist
Humor : comic relief
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: What did you think?   Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:53 pm

I cried when he left her too. It felt like he left me!! It was very interesting to see how close her and Jacob had become as friends. she needed someone. and when she was hearing Edwards voice in her head made me realize he still cared for her and made me cry again **sniff**
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obsessed
Twilight Lover

Female
Number of posts : 384
Job/hobbies : waiting for my edward
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: What did you think?   Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:23 pm

i definitely cried also - every time i re read it. lol it wasnt only the first time, which im sure goes for most of you guys. and i mean it was interesting that her and jake got close, but i didnt like it. Like, it needs to be in the book to make it a good book, i just dont like it lol. does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/freak123
Lady_Cullin
Bitten

Female
Job/hobbies : Massage Therapist
Humor : comic relief
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: What did you think?   Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:17 pm

Yes, it makes perfect sense Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter

Female
Number of posts : 2414
Job/hobbies : Slacker/Student
Humor : Insane, Sarcastic, Loud

PostSubject: Re: What did you think?   Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:41 pm

I cried all three times I read it. And I am sure I will when I read it again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/sinfulwitch
danixsaur
Twilight Lover

Female
Number of posts : 366
Job/hobbies : STNA/Wrestling, Twilight
Humor : I find humor in almost everything

PostSubject: Re: What did you think?   Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:36 am

Lady_Cullin wrote:
I cried when he left her too. It felt like he left me!! It was very interesting to see how close her and Jacob had become as friends. she needed someone. and when she was hearing Edwards voice in her head made me realize he still cared for her and made me cry again **sniff**

To me I was confused at first, I wasn't sure if she was just imagining hearing Edward, or if he really was warning her. Then it turns out that it really just was her imagining it, her remembering how he would sound when he was protecting her. I was very confused there for awhile, lol. I was so mad at Edward...I figured if he cared enough about her well being and safety then why did he leave her in the first place!! I was so mad at him!! I forgive him tho...he's too amazing. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lusty
Twilight Lover

Female
Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: What did you think?   Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:04 pm

I had a hard time getting past chapter three. That whole period of time when Bella was all alone........so depressing! Sad LOL!. But I eventually got through it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
courtneyBABY
Bitten

Female
Number of posts : 29
Job/hobbies : Veterinary Asst.
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: What did you think?   Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:13 pm

I really loved this one. I cried also at the end of "the end" chapter lol. i couldnt ever put it down and stop reading.. even though Edward was not through out the whole story i still loved it. I read it within two days.. and now im reading it again.. i cant wait until the movie! i hope they dont change the story line too much though, i read somewhere that the director was trying to change it a bit so Edward could be in it more.. but i kinda hope they dont change it, i would love to see more of Edward but it would ruin the story if he was there more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/marshalls_my_homeboy
ninadoll
Bitten

Female
Number of posts : 149
Job/hobbies : ..student..twilight..
Humor : ..i'm a pro at weird..
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: What did you think?   Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:46 am

I loved this book as I loved all four of them. I have different feelings and opinions on all of them but i loved them all the same! I think that they can still have Edward in the movie even though the main focus is Jacob and Bella. When she hears his voice all the time and stuff they can show clips of him. Im not sure if I am explaining that right but you know how they can do anything in the movies. I can't wait to see the scence with alice and bella driving in the yellow car to save Edward! I hope they do a great job with that one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com.ninamcmichael
TeamJacob
Bitten

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: What did you think?   Wed May 20, 2009 7:45 pm

My favorite.It really explains Jacob and gives readers the chance to pick Edward or Jacob.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ellikadan2x
Bitten

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: What did you think?   Wed May 27, 2009 4:15 am

I think this was the saddest among the other books..
But this one didn't make me cry, I don't know why..
I think Jacob had been a really good friend to Bella..
I like him more than Edward..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ashamed
Bitten

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-07-07

PostSubject: Re: What did you think?   Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:19 am

Honestly this was my favorite of all the books. I'm not 100% sure why, I guess because I can relate pretty well to Jacob. He has some annoying factors in this book but I accept them seeings how he damn near killed his father due to elements out of his control...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonihr@live.co.uk
Bitten

Registration date : 2009-10-30

PostSubject: Re: What did you think?   Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:33 am

when i first hurd that there wasnt much edward in this and that he leaves her. I was really not expecting to like this book at all cuz i didnt no how they were going to make it work cuz in twilght it is clear they need each other. Then i red it and oh my god it was just as good as the first i red it in one day i just couldnt put it down stephenie is amazin and it really worked with the twist with jacob as well and getting to no the other charecters just made me love the books even more cuz u dont just care about what happens to bella and edward now you care bout billy and jacob and sam and all of them. Cant wait to see how they film it yaay 19days to go lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
abbie66109
Bitten

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: What did you think?   Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:58 am

I think it's really good so far im half way throught, it really get's into depth about bella's character
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CedricCullen
Bitten

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: What did you think?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:03 am

I for some reason didn't really like Bella in this book.Jacob,was good,and Edward was at his best in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you think?   Today at 10:23 pm

Back to top Go down

What did you think?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilighters :: THE SERIES :: New Moon-
Jump to: