Twilighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new details taylor out as jake?

Go down 
+6
VelvetRainDrops
*Shantanee*
danixsaur
TwilightLulu82
Kenzie
Tamran
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female
Number of posts : 1677
Registration date : 2008-08-24

new details taylor out as jake? Empty
PostSubject: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:30 pm

new details taylor out as jake? Taylorlautnerjacob_l

Summit Entertainment has tentatively slated Nov. 20, 2009, as the release date for New Moon, the Twilight sequel, which means any director
who signs on to replace Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke has to be in Vancouver by Dec. 15 to begin 12 weeks of preproduction before a mid-March start date. Reports have speculated that Hardwicke was fired for being difficult on set, but sources close to her suggest Summit's aggressive production schedule turned her off. "She'd love to do the sequel if she could do it better than Twilight,” says one. “It ­became clear that Summit didn’t have those same priorities."

Indeed, at press time the second movie appeared to have ­little more than a rough first-draft working script. As Summit’s production president Erik Feig told EW during Twilight’s ­record-busting first weekend, “There is that first...script. All the finesse that turns a screenplay into a movie hasn’t ­happened yet.” Two weeks later, Summit is saying it’s happy with screenwriter ­Melissa Rosenberg’s progress.<

Another of Hardwicke’s primary concerns was that hunky vampire Edward remains MIA throughout New Moon’s middle portion. In her own opening-weekend interview, she told EW, “You have to get the chemistry as strong ­between Jacob and Bella as it was between Bella and Edward. You also have to do ­some­thing with that arc: She’s in love with somebody, he disappears, she falls in love with someone else, and the first guy comes back. Movies like Pearl Harbor have tried it. It absolutely didn’t work.”

With or without Hardwicke, Summit ­faces other snags. Two sources tell EW the studio doesn’t want to rehire baby-faced Taylor Lautner (pictured) as Jacob, though Lautner’s agent has apparently reached out to the ­imaging company behind The Curious Case of Benjamin Button in an attempt to demonstrate to Summit how a digitally bulked-up Lautner could work. (Summit says it won’t make a decision until a new filmmaker is on board.) There’s also the matter of finding a cast of Native American actors to play Jacob’s werewolf clan — a difficult challenge Hardwicke was also faced with before ­settling on Lautner, who isn’t completely ­Native American. And with a slightly increased budget of $50 million — much of which is ­assumed will go to leads asking for heftier paydays, location shoots in Italy, and ramped-up F/X — Summit will have to scrimp somewhere.

So what director would want to take on such a big headache? Well, at press time, an offer was out to Chris Weitz (The Golden Compass), who put Summit on the map years ago when its foreign sales operation made tons of cash off of his first film, American Pie. (One source says Weitz has already had conversations with below-the-line crew for New Moon.) “We are in a recession,” ­reminds one Hollywood insider. “It’s a hit franchise. Whoever steps into it is guaranteed a $100 million gross. Everyone wants this movie.” Adds an exec at another studio, “You’d have to have a very high standard for art, hate the movie business, and hate ­money to walk off this sequel.

Source: hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/12/twilight-sequel.html
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:34 pm

i am about to fucking lose my mind. the director thing isn't an issue for me at the moment. the script being stupid and taylor being gone is however giving me a heart attack. also $50 million for new moon?! look at the money summit has made and that's all?! no... and a release date of 11/2009?!?! can you say RUSHED!

we are fucked! summit has the big head with this money. i was going to see twilight this weekend, but i will not give them any more of my money. not since they are screwing over this fan and the money i put in it to make the others good movies.

if they replace taylor i won't see this movie at the movie place. i refuse to have this book ruined on film and him get the shaft cause most of these people think they can't make him look big enough. maybe if they put MORE money in they could. it's been in movies for ages now making people look taller and bigger. but it costs money and i guess summit doesn't want to fork it out. they want to line their pockets.
Back to top Go down
Kenzie
Whoa! Over Breaking Dawn
Kenzie

Female
Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:40 pm

What the fricken hell is the matter with them?!
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female
Number of posts : 2414
Job/hobbies : Slacker/Student
Humor : Insane, Sarcastic, Loud

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:42 pm

I believe Tam said it once.. If they can make Haggerad in Harry Potter look like he does then they can make Taylor look bigger!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sinfulwitch
danixsaur
Twilight Lover
danixsaur

Female
Number of posts : 366
Job/hobbies : STNA/Wrestling, Twilight
Humor : I find humor in almost everything

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:29 pm

Too much drama, I can't handle the stress right now. I want all the original actors in the movie or I will not go see it. This is ridiculous, they need to make the movie like the damn book, or they shouldnt call it New Moon. I am so mad right now, why does everything have to be so difficult?
Back to top Go down
*Shantanee*
New Moon Fan
*Shantanee*

Female
Number of posts : 538
Job/hobbies : UPS Slave
Humor : Silly,Cynical,Outlandish,Fun Infectious Humor!
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:56 am

Oh My Fucking God what is going on?

I so want to cry right now! Damn I guess I should have knocked on some wood today..I was at the mall(stalking around Hot Topic) and I was talking to my friend about Taylor as Jacob and how they better not replace him..that sucks big time...I absolutely fell head over heels for Jacob in the Book and the moment Taylor was cast I fell in love with him as well. they are fucking killing chemistry big time...I'm really really pissed...they were already going to butcher the freaking movie by having Edward all up in the movie and now they want to go and pull this? I said it at the Mall and I'll say it here..Summit Entertainment Sucks and you bet they won't be getting my money for a rushed,Taylor-less New Moon that's for damn sure! WTF!!!!! Damn I so Miss Cat...they just don't give a damn do they?

I say we RIOT!
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 3:56 am

i'm so gonna riot! hell yeah! this is nuts! hey i'm gonna write summit. they are saying this is the only way to get to them. so why not.. lets write those letters!!!

Summit Entertainment, LLC
1630 Stewart Street, Suite 120
Santa Monica, California 90404

here's my other thing.. if taylor can't play the big role part.. then how in the hell is the guys that played embry and sam gonna do it? they have to be big and huge as well.
Back to top Go down
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter
VelvetRainDrops

Female
Number of posts : 1245
Location : Hiding somewhere with Kellan. Not telling where either.
Job/hobbies : Student
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:19 am

Okay y'all, please don't mad for what I'm about to say. I like Taylor and all, but I feel that if they are going to make this movie work they should cast someone that will fit the part. how will they take a 5'9 person and make him look 6'3 or 6'4, without using alot of the money they don't have to make this movie?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/starrynights_01
Karen
In Love With Eclipse
Karen

Female
Number of posts : 768
Job/hobbies : Professional stalker of Twilight, WWE and New Kids Hotties!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:36 am

That's an easy answer, camera tricks!! They did it for Lord of the Rings, i'm sure they can do it for this movie!
I know I haven't seen the movie yet since it's not out over here but i'm sure they could manage it, it can't be that difficult, surely?!
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:20 pm

Taylor isn't that big but he is still growing, I really hope they use him. But I can understand the money issue well no I can't I WANT TAYLOR!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Maria Cullen
True Twilighter
Maria Cullen

Female
Number of posts : 1368

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:46 pm

Ok so this officially sucks big ole donkeys ballls !
I am SO not happy about them replacing Taylor
Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter
VelvetRainDrops

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:16 pm

What I was trying to get at was it cost money to do effects like that. And they only have a $50 million dollar budget. I know its a lot of money to me, but when it comes to making movies thats not a lot.
Back to top Go down
*Shantanee*
New Moon Fan
*Shantanee*

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:38 pm

VelvetRainDrops wrote:
What I was trying to get at was it cost money to do effects like that. And they only have a $50 million dollar budget. I know its a lot of money to me, but when it comes to making movies thats not a lot.

they have a 50 million dollar budget because they chose to have a $50 million dollar budget! that movie has made $140 million in the US alone on the movie not counting the merchendise sales and what not...they are being cheap for no good reason and this being cheap may just ruin the movie and ruin the series!
Back to top Go down
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter
VelvetRainDrops

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:11 pm

okay I'm not arguing with anyone about this. It's kinda crazy to argue over a movie.
Back to top Go down
*Shantanee*
New Moon Fan
*Shantanee*

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:33 pm

^ Not an argument not byfar just my take on the situtation and my disgust for all things Summit Ent right now...didn't mean to make it seem that way towards you! Cool
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 3:25 pm

With the kinda money they have made Twilight they should be able to swing making Taylor bigger but I don't know anything about the movie industry and all we can really do is express our opinions. Ugh Summit is getting alittle big for their thongs!
Back to top Go down
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter
VelvetRainDrops

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:33 pm

*Shantanee* wrote:
^ Not an argument not byfar just my take on the situtation and my disgust for all things Summit Ent right now...didn't mean to make it seem that way towards you! Cool

Sorry
Back to top Go down
Maria Cullen
True Twilighter
Maria Cullen

Female
Number of posts : 1368

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:37 pm

I was trying to put together an email to send like Tam suggested but at the moment I am so pissed I cant make it sound sensible & not cuss Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:33 pm

shoe lifts.. and they are cheap. he doesn't have to go that far up. besides if they replace him what about embry and sam? embry is too young looking and sam is WAY too small. hell he's skinner than taylor!

if money is an issue to make taylor look big then them turning into wolves is gonna look like pure shit! this movie needs lots of money that they have and aren't using.

it's shit and i promise you if taylor is replaced summit will not get one red dime of my money from this movie. not until it comes out on dvd.

taylor has buffed up a large amount since twilight stopped. i saw pics from this past weekend and the boy hasn't been playing around in lifting the weights.

ugh... new moon is gonna be rushed.. they aren't using money and it's gonna suck. until summit shows me otherwise...this will not get any money from me.

make him look older? let his facial hair grow out.. use make up. none of this has to have big money for special effects. it's jsut a cop out is all.
Back to top Go down
*Shantanee*
New Moon Fan
*Shantanee*

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:29 pm

VelvetRainDrops wrote:
*Shantanee* wrote:

Sorry

It's all good girl..I should have just clarified that up more in my post...nothin but I love you going on here!

Ummmm if Taylor being taller is such a problem...how about they not make him taller! the movie is supposed to based on the book then leave out that tall detail...the only time he should be taller is when he's a wolf...I mean there is so many kinds of compromises that could be made in order to keep Taylor in the flick. They aren't getting that this isn't just a movie..it's bigger than that! Taylor is my Jacob Damnit! they put a face with my most beloved Twilight character and now they are trying to take that face away! they are just full of excuses!

and also about the other wolves...I agree Tam they are short and Sam is no where as beefy as Taylor is...and as hard as it was to find actual Native Americans to play these parts they can't change anyone else...and Taylor is part Native American at that...

Summit Ent. sucks right now. This is how they treat the movie(s) that finally made them so real box-office profit! they weren't shit until Twilight came around, and this is the thanks they get! and all because they're being super cheap. makes no sense! I'm totally pissed so I'll stop now Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:31 pm

I bet by Eclipse is started Taylor will be alot taller, He is only 16 he has alot a growing to do, Boys aren't like girls we stop growing earlier then they do... Unfortunately I stopped growing at birth haha.
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:48 am

this was posted in a place i read about the taylor stuff ..lmao

new details taylor out as jake? Ihaventgottime

it made me laugh.

i know that we all have our own opinions and i want to go on record as saying that we all can share them and if i come off as hot it's because i am.. but not at any of you! summit really has pissed me the hell off. they are going to ruin this movie i just know it. i'm talking about taylor either.. i'm saying as a whole. $50 million? by the time they pay the big stars the budget will be the same as twilight.

ugghhhh i don't know anymore.. my head hurts and this is getting so hard to keep up with. but i will not go see the movie if they recast jake. i will not help summit line their pockets by seeing the movies.

someone else said the same thing i did about the other wolves and about the shoe lifts...lmao. because tom cruise has used them in lots of movies. i hope all of this is big old rumors. because i do not want to be mad or upset about new moon or any other movie from the series.
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 8:10 pm

PLEASE DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER. This was on the MTV website.

Michael Copon is hoping to replace Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black, while Barnes is angling to play mind-reading vampire Aro.
These days, “Twilight” fans are feeling closer to their heroine than they ever thought possible.

Following last week’s dismissal and replacement of Catherine Hardwicke, this weekend began with a press release from Summit Entertainment officially appointing “New Moon” director Chris Weitz to the job. Suspicious in its omission of Taylor Lautner, the release seemed to all but confirm Twilighter whispers that Hardwicke won’t be the last “Twilight” talent replaced before the sequel.
So where does the series go from here?
MTV News can confirm that 26-year-old “Scorpion King 2″ actor Michael Copon [pronounced “COPE-on”] is one of several actors Weitz is considering to play the new, larger Jacob Black. A representative for Copon told us that they’re making a full effort to land the high-profile gig. And in a bit of 21st-century self-publicity, the actor has even recently updated his Facebook status with messages like: “Michael Copon [is] in a Twilight Zone!” and “Michael Copon is the older Jacob Black!”
Copon’s representative confirmed to MTV News that the Facebook page is run by the actor himself and that those are indeed his words.
Approached for comment on Lautner’s omission from the “New Moon” press release, Summit confirmed that it was not a typographical error. “The casting decision in regards to the character Jacob Black has yet to be made,” a representative told MTV News.
But even once Copon (or whoever else) is officially announced as the new Jacob, Weitz still has many other key casting decisions to make and an extremely brief amount of time in which to make them. With barely 12 weeks until cameras are due to begin rolling, the “Golden Compass” filmmaker needs to find faces to portray several key characters — including the peace-keeping, Italian vampires known as the Volturi.
With the buzz building for these roles, MTV News has confirmed that 27-year-old “Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian” heartthrob Ben Barnes is throwing his hat into the ring. The actor is already quite popular with the “Twilight” fanbase and shares the same manager as both Copon and “Twilight” star Cam Gigandet. Barnes is believed to be campaigning for the role of Aro, a mind-reading vampire whose “New Moon” encounter with Edward and Bella helps shape their destiny together.
Back to top Go down
Kenzie
Whoa! Over Breaking Dawn
Kenzie

Female
Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 9:00 pm

^ I do not like Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 9:05 pm

Me either.. IF they are gonna replace him and GOD IN HEAVEN if they do. I don't like this guy I remember him on One Tree Hill and he was also in a Bring it on sequel and I don't care for him. Now IF they are gonna replace him and PLEASE TAM don't kill me in the night... Steven Straight would be a better pick. Ok I'm going to lock my doors cuz Tam is gonna kill me haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new details taylor out as jake?   new details taylor out as jake? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new details taylor out as jake?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next