Twilighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Catherine Out as Director

Go down 
+3
*Shantanee*
TwilightLulu82
Teffy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Teffy
Bitten
Teffy

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Catherine Out as Director Empty
PostSubject: Catherine Out as Director   Catherine Out as Director I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 10:01 pm

SUMMIT BEGINS SEARCH FOR NEW MOON DIRECTOR

Los Angeles, CA, December 7, 2008 – Summit Entertainment and director Catherine Hardwicke jointly announced today that the filmmaker will not be directing the next installment in the newly minted TWILIGHT film franchise. Summit’s targeted end of 2009 or early 2010 release of the film, NEW MOON, does not work with Ms. Hardwicke’s required prep time to bring her vision of the film to the big screen. Thus as has been done before with many successful film franchises, the studio will employ a new director for NEW MOON.

“I am sorry that due to timing I will not have the opportunity to direct NEW MOON,” said Hardwicke. “Directing TWILIGHT has been one of the great experiences of my life, and I am grateful to the fans for their passionate support of the film. I wish everyone at Summit the best with the sequel– it is a great story.”

“Catherine did an incredible job in helping us to launch the TWILIGHT franchise and we thank her for all of her efforts and we very much hope to work with her on future Summit projects,” said Erik Feig, Summit’s President of Production. “We as a studio have a mandate to bring the next installment in the franchise to the big screen in a timely fashion so that fans can get more of Edward, Bella and all of the characters that Stephenie Meyer has created. We are able to pursue an aggressive time frame as we have the luxury of only adapting the novels into screenplays as opposed to having to create a storyline from scratch.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.edgeuniversity.net
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female
Number of posts : 2414
Job/hobbies : Slacker/Student
Humor : Insane, Sarcastic, Loud

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Out as Director   Catherine Out as Director I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 10:04 pm

Well crap...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sinfulwitch
Teffy
Bitten
Teffy

Number of posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Out as Director   Catherine Out as Director I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 10:14 pm

I'm personally thrilled about this. I wasn't a fan of Catherines camera work that much in Twilight. Then again since I have a film background I tend to look at things to critically.
Back to top Go down
http://www.edgeuniversity.net
*Shantanee*
New Moon Fan
*Shantanee*

Female
Number of posts : 538
Job/hobbies : UPS Slave
Humor : Silly,Cynical,Outlandish,Fun Infectious Humor!
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Out as Director   Catherine Out as Director I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 10:26 pm

Teffy wrote:
I'm personally thrilled about this. I wasn't a fan of Catherines camera work that much in Twilight. Then again since I have a film background I tend to look at things to critically.

I wouldn't say I am thrilled...I actually like Catherine and thought she did a very good job with Twilight....I kinda saw this one coming...but I'm kinda glad she isn't directing the next one...I just hope that the next director is very knowledgeable of New Moon that would suck to have someone new come in and have no knowledge of the books...only sucky part is that Catherine already had such a connection with the cast and put so much heart into this project...and a true twilight fan knows what the fans want to see...so I hope the next director has some of those qualities...but New Director doesn't piss me off...New Cast members would!
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Out as Director   Catherine Out as Director I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 10:37 pm

I just hope the new director won't (excuse my french) fuck it up. I agree with you Terry some of the camera work bugged me. Gah I am still extremely stoked about the movie! Hell Harry Potter movies did have the same director and they just kept getting better well in my opinion they did.
Back to top Go down
Kenzie
Whoa! Over Breaking Dawn
Kenzie

Female
Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Out as Director   Catherine Out as Director I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:33 am

Gah I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing...
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female
Number of posts : 1677
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Out as Director   Catherine Out as Director I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:10 am

i'm not sure myself. there were camera angles that i wasn't thrilled about in twilight. hell most of it mainly being how up close to damn renee's face i was. that is like really the only part that bugged the hell out of me..lmao

anyway... i thought she did great and the way she loves this series made what she did even better for me. i just hope the next one has as much love for it as cat did.

my thing is this..directing i can deal with.. but maybe they should rethink the script writer. that seems to be the bigger problem everywhere. as happy as i was with twilight, i still think melissa could have done better.

new moon has some big things going on in it. it worries me that someone else might fuck it up. i haven't looked it up or anything, but someone said that summit isn't wanting to give a big budget for new moon and that seems to maybe be an issue for cat with the visions she has for the movie.

if they fuck this up... we can forget any of them being worth a shit. but i'm gonna try and not freak out yet. they won't even film until march.
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Out as Director   Catherine Out as Director I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:19 am

Its gonna be a 50/50 chance. I totally agree with the camera thing, Why in the hell did we need to see up Renee's nose? Its a waiting game now.
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female
Number of posts : 1677
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Out as Director   Catherine Out as Director I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:27 am

yeah being so up close on her face like that bugs the hell out of me. i know some people have picked apart some other things as well. but i'm not a person in the business, so i just watch a movie to watch it. but we will have to wait.

they all are out doing a press tour over seas. i think there is an interview or something tomorrow. now the big questions will be why she isn't on new moon. maybe a release of the info should have waited until after the press touring was done.
Back to top Go down
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter
VelvetRainDrops

Female
Number of posts : 1245
Location : Hiding somewhere with Kellan. Not telling where either.
Job/hobbies : Student
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Out as Director   Catherine Out as Director I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:00 am

TwilightLulu82 wrote:
I just hope the new director won't (excuse my french) fuck it up. I agree with you Terry some of the camera work bugged me. Gah I am still extremely stoked about the movie! Hell Harry Potter movies did have the same director and they just kept getting better well in my opinion they did.

I just said that to my mom about it may not be any good
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/starrynights_01
Maria Cullen
True Twilighter
Maria Cullen

Female
Number of posts : 1368

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Out as Director   Catherine Out as Director I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 9:03 am

I really hope this doesnt affect the film coming out. I agree with Summit that it shouldnt be a huge gap between movies because that gets irritating, Im going crazy waiting for the next Harry Potter & was really pissed when its release was put off till next year. As for Catherines work on Twilight I cant comment until Ive seen it for myself ! (11 days to wait )
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Out as Director   Catherine Out as Director I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:45 pm

I prefer movies back to back and plus, Ya don't want the key players to get MUCH older of they won't be able to play the parts right. Well we want Taylor to get alittle older because well I finished Eclipse last night and I just can't see little Taylor kissing Kristen like he did in that book hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Out as Director   Catherine Out as Director I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catherine Out as Director
Page 1 of 1