Twilighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Titleist AP2 712 Irons compared with the 712 AP2 Irons

Go down 
AuthorMessage
aucheapgolf
Twilight Lover

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Titleist AP2 712 Irons compared with the 712 AP2 Irons Empty
PostSubject: Titleist AP2 712 Irons compared with the 712 AP2 Irons   Titleist AP2 712 Irons compared with the 712 AP2 Irons I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:27 am

I recently got fitted for the Titleist AP1 712 Irons at my local store. These irons feel, look, and sound amazing. The multi-material, dual cavity AP1s provide not only an increase in forgiveness and stability, but also a solid feel upon impact and new and improved looks that appeals to a wide range of skill sets. That increase in forgiveness includes an increase in ball speeds on mis-hits so that you're not penalized on less than perfect contact.

Have played with them probably 10 times. Aesthetically they are great improvement over the Titleist AP1 710 Irons. I was playing with the Ping K15 Irons and wanted something just a bit more forgiving but still with some workability. K15's are a great club but when my game was off they were a bit harder to control especially 4 and 5 irons. With the AP1's my confidence has gone way up with all the irons but especially the 4 and 5 iron. Ball flight with 4-7 iron is excellent.

Ball really feels good coming off the face of the club. Have seen my average distance increase with all the clubs compared to Ki15's, sometimes a lot more than I expect. Have played Ping G2, Mizuno MX 300 Irons, and Ping K15 irons. I think I would feel comfortable playing these clubs with 9-10 USGA HC and with my playing style they probably have a better chance of getting and keeping me there then the Titleist AP2 712 Irons. I have not hit the new AP2 so that may not be totally correct. One con is the chrome finish toward the toe looks a bit scuffed if you hit off center toward the toe.

Compared with the titleist 712 AP2 Irons, the Titleist 712 AP1 Irons are with the same size as their predecessors, the most significant new feature is a progressive blade length, which the overall goal is to better apply the different materials players use in the design. Multi-material designs which deliver superior distance control through increased moment-of-inertia (MOI) which also provides outstanding solid feel. In addition we have made golf clearance improvements to both sets.
Back to top Go down

Titleist AP2 712 Irons compared with the 712 AP2 Irons
Page 1 of 1