Twilighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

wuthering heights

Go down 
+3
VelvetRainDrops
Nadine
Tamran
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female
Number of posts : 1677
Registration date : 2008-08-24

wuthering heights Empty
PostSubject: wuthering heights   wuthering heights I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:56 pm

ok i know this book is old and was probably one that was assigned in school or something..lol. but after reading the series i had to pick it up and read it. well.. it took me longer to read it than i thought. but i finished tonight. what a strange little book..lol. it was written in the 1800's so i know the words and what not is what made it a little difficult. but i had to know the story of them. well....

what a mean mean man he was! gah! even tho his love for her was so hard. hers the same for him. but i don't know after you get to the part about them and how it turned out for them. he goes on and then this whole huge family thing between them all insues. so much so that it was mostly the book more than about cathrine and heathcliff i thought..lol

but i guess still worth the read. cause of the little things stephenie had in her books you, well i had to understand them better. so now i do. i can see it in a way how stephenie wrote about edward,bella and jacob in about the same way. tho her story to me was some what way better!

has anyone else read this book? even just before or because of the twilight stuff? it's a cheap book to buy. strange ending i thought..haha. but glad i read it now.
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

wuthering heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: wuthering heights   wuthering heights I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:57 pm

i'm beginning to wonder... 2 of the people in this book have the names of edgar and isabella...hmmmmm.....lmao i also noticed that the word chargin was used in this book as well. i think SM was a huge fan of this book. tho her story with edward and bella turned out a hell of a lot better. but the imprint thing with jake and nessie...kinda makes some sense after finding out what happens at the end of this book. her writing is better of course. but yeah..if you can get past the writing of this book and how they talk i would read this and compare.. to see what you think..lol
Back to top Go down
Nadine
New Moon Fan
Nadine

Female
Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-08-26

wuthering heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: wuthering heights   wuthering heights I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 4:50 pm

LMAO omg i thought i was the only one who wanted to read Wuthering Heights now. LMAO i havent bought it yet haven't even looked for it because i am kinda broke at the moment...you said it's cheap so i will have to have a look. I am just scared i might not understand it...you know my english is not that good...but yeah i so want to read it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nadine_dublin
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter
VelvetRainDrops

Female
Number of posts : 1245
Location : Hiding somewhere with Kellan. Not telling where either.
Job/hobbies : Student
Registration date : 2008-08-28

wuthering heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: wuthering heights   wuthering heights I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 6:35 pm

I wanted to read it but I'm not so sure I'd understand it....I'm not very good a guessing the meaning of things...LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/starrynights_01
obsessed
Twilight Lover
obsessed

Female
Number of posts : 384
Job/hobbies : waiting for my edward
Registration date : 2008-08-27

wuthering heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: wuthering heights   wuthering heights I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 6:56 pm

is it good?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/freak123
Kenzie
Whoa! Over Breaking Dawn
Kenzie

Female
Number of posts : 830

wuthering heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: wuthering heights   wuthering heights I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 7:17 pm

omg Tam I swear literally today I said to myself I was going to read Wuthering Heights just for the heck of it so I could understand what Bella and Edward are thinking lol. I thought I'd be the only one haha. But I don't know when I'll be able to make myself read that instead of Twilight lol.
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female
Number of posts : 2414
Job/hobbies : Slacker/Student
Humor : Insane, Sarcastic, Loud

wuthering heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: wuthering heights   wuthering heights I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 8:15 pm

I thought about reading it too, I might see if the Library here has it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sinfulwitch
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

wuthering heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: wuthering heights   wuthering heights I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 2:12 am

yes get it.. nadine it's not that bad really.. it's just how they spoke back in the 1800's that is well a little strange. it's still easy to make out and understand. it took me longer to read than i thought. but once i was done and i thought about it.. so much came into place. really it's not a long book either. only 286 pages.

once i thought more about it.. i understood more. but only when i started talking about it out loud..haha. things that all go together, even if in a different kind of way. yeah you should read it. all of you i'd love to hear what you thought of it and how you thought it compared!
Back to top Go down
Nadine
New Moon Fan
Nadine

Female

wuthering heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: wuthering heights   wuthering heights I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 2:40 am

Ok if you think i will understand it. thats why i havent bought it yet because i wasnt sure if i would. i will read it... i really want to.
Back to top Go down
Kenzie
Whoa! Over Breaking Dawn
Kenzie

Female

wuthering heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: wuthering heights   wuthering heights I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 5:20 pm

ok I'll have to see if the library has it...
Back to top Go down
VelvetRainDrops
True Twilighter
VelvetRainDrops

Female
Number of posts : 1245
Location : Hiding somewhere with Kellan. Not telling where either.
Job/hobbies : Student
Registration date : 2008-08-28

wuthering heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: wuthering heights   wuthering heights I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 12:33 pm

Tamran wrote:
yes get it.. nadine it's not that bad really.. it's just how they spoke back in the 1800's that is well a little strange. it's still easy to make out and understand. it took me longer to read than i thought. but once i was done and i thought about it.. so much came into place. really it's not a long book either. only 286 pages.

once i thought more about it.. i understood more. but only when i started talking about it out loud..haha. things that all go together, even if in a different kind of way. yeah you should read it. all of you i'd love to hear what you thought of it and how you thought it compared!

That sorta makes me feel better. I had to take a class for school Research Based Lit. and we had to read some really old english pieces most of it was metaphors and crazy guessing games....DROVE me nuts. affraid pale
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/starrynights_01
Maria Cullen
True Twilighter
Maria Cullen

Female
Number of posts : 1368

wuthering heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: wuthering heights   wuthering heights I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 3:37 pm

Twilight made me wanna read it too but im struggling to drag myself away from the Twilight series for long enough to start something else ! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nadine
New Moon Fan
Nadine

Female

wuthering heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: wuthering heights   wuthering heights I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 4:10 pm

Maria Cullen wrote:
Twilight made me wanna read it too but im struggling to drag myself away from the Twilight series for long enough to start something else ! Laughing

Oh i am totally the same. LOL i dont want to read anythign else. LOL i still havent read the Host.
Back to top Go down
Kenzie
Whoa! Over Breaking Dawn
Kenzie

Female

wuthering heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: wuthering heights   wuthering heights I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 4:59 pm

Ah I got it today and it's almost painful to be reading this instead of Twilight Crying or Very sad and wow it's like crazy difficult with all the old English stuff lol....but hopefully soon I'll at least understand it a little...
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

wuthering heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: wuthering heights   wuthering heights I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 1:13 am

one thing.. i can always go back to twilight that is such a comfort zone knowing that. but i am a reader so to say so reading other stuff strikes my interest and i'm super glad i read this one. it made me understand twilight even more and how stephenie thought.. i really believe that after reading this. it also made more sense to me because not knowing anything about wuthering heights and it being used in the twilight books i was like huh..lol how does it all go together. now i know!
Back to top Go down
Kenzie
Whoa! Over Breaking Dawn
Kenzie

Female

wuthering heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: wuthering heights   wuthering heights I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 4:50 pm

Yay I'm excited to get through it then! Haha but I'm only on chapter two lol....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

wuthering heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: wuthering heights   wuthering heights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wuthering heights
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilighters :: OTHER BOOKS :: General Book Discussion-
Jump to: