Twilighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Am I Alone ?

Go down 
+10
MrsRobynCullen
cklover42
Keha
Lady_Cullin
Xtremeangel
*Shantanee*
butterfly_hawk
TwilightLulu82
Tamran
Maria Cullen
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Maria Cullen
True Twilighter
Maria Cullen

Female
Number of posts : 1368
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 2:21 pm

Am I alone in my frustration with Bella for not jumping at the chance to marry Edward ? Laughing
Ive just started reading the book again & I just cannot understand why she is so against it in this book, I mean the chick wants to become a Vamp so that she can be with him for all of eternity, She knows that she loves him completely & always will but a little band of gold on her finger is a big no no ! It makes absolutely no sense to me at all. Personally I would of jumped on him as soon as he mentioned it.
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female
Number of posts : 1677
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 2:45 pm

yeah i was like that. hmmm will be a vamp but no marriage?! haha. but the way her mom always talked about it i guess i can see the point. if to be a vamp i had to marry him i'd so do it. but in everyday life.. i don't know if i'd be so fast to marry again...take my time..haha. but if she married him then..then we wouldn't have breaking dawn..haha
Back to top Go down
Maria Cullen
True Twilighter
Maria Cullen

Female

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 3:06 pm

I was reading it earlier & I was like "What is wrong with you Bella, Just jump on him & say yes" Laughing
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female
Number of posts : 2414
Job/hobbies : Slacker/Student
Humor : Insane, Sarcastic, Loud

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 4:47 pm

Her reactions to alot of things annoy me, Like her 18th birthday, I know she didn't wanna be older then Edward but geez she was pissy haha. And she won't let Edward buy her anything. Yes a car is alot but dinner at a nice place WHATS WRONG WITH THIS CHICK haha.. I love her though.. Shes just a nut.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sinfulwitch
butterfly_hawk
Bitten
butterfly_hawk

Female
Number of posts : 52
Job/hobbies : photography
Humor : excellent
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 8:53 pm

if was very frustrated to not want to jump into the book and be like"look kid---you want to be a vampire for the rest of your "life", just so you can be with the one you love for the rest of eternity, and your afraid to to get married" but at least she smartened up........
Back to top Go down
*Shantanee*
New Moon Fan
*Shantanee*

Female
Number of posts : 538
Job/hobbies : UPS Slave
Humor : Silly,Cynical,Outlandish,Fun Infectious Humor!
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:14 am

I was kinda wondering why Bella Didn't want to marry Edward but Marriage was just scary to her. her parents were divorced so they put a bunch of their own bad experiences while being married into her head so she already had a warped views on marriage and combine those with her insecurities about everything and there u have her hesitations...plus she was super young and not taking into account that she would be immortal

*there I go talking as if she's real again Laughing *

but I got a kick out of Edward saying he wouldn't have cared if Bella had stayed old and gray he'd still have loved he..I always imagine a 17 year old boy and an 70 year old woman together...Harold and Maude style! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Xtremeangel
In Love With Eclipse
Xtremeangel

Female
Number of posts : 616
Location : Preston, UK or stalking Donnie Wahlberg and other hot men!
Job/hobbies : Owner of a broken left foot
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 7:57 am

Its the whole irrational girl thing!!!

I do it all the time! lol!! Makes no sense to anyone else but me at the time then when I think about I think Bah! Stupid girl!!!

I figure thats what Bella is doing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/xtremeangel
Maria Cullen
True Twilighter
Maria Cullen

Female

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:24 am

I just wanted to shake some sense into her !
I kinda understood I suppose but it infuriated me that she didnt just jump on him scraming YES, YES, YES. I would of
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Xtremeangel
In Love With Eclipse
Xtremeangel

Female
Number of posts : 616
Location : Preston, UK or stalking Donnie Wahlberg and other hot men!
Job/hobbies : Owner of a broken left foot
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:26 am

So would I! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/xtremeangel
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 7:00 pm

I am just about finished this book (again) and I still love it the most. But This is when I wanted to drop kick Jacob in is man goods, Still love Jake though.
Back to top Go down
Lady_Cullin
Bitten
Lady_Cullin

Female
Number of posts : 8
Job/hobbies : Massage Therapist
Humor : comic relief
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:56 pm

Maria Cullen wrote:
I just wanted to shake some sense into her !
I kinda understood I suppose but it infuriated me that she didnt just jump on him scraming YES, YES, YES. I would of
Laughing

I'm with you!!
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 7:42 pm

I would jump on him anytime haha!
Back to top Go down
Keha
Bitten
Keha

Female
Number of posts : 2
Job/hobbies : cake artist,mom
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:34 am

I couldn't understand her either at first... then as I read on.. realizing it was just another way to point out the distance in the generations between them.. how Edward was "that boy" who would ask for her hand... I thought it was just so sweet and it defined Edward all the more. But my first reaction was "Is this girl crazy?" And I think I actually said it outloud! My husband gave me a many strange looks while I read this book..I kept talking out...lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.kellyscakeart.com
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female
Number of posts : 2124
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:34 pm

Ok I know I am late to this topic but I definitely agree.....she is willing to be immortal and live with him forever but not marry him? Then too I was frustrated with Bella throughout it though. I think she led Jacob on at times and then even confused Edward. She spent all of New Moon crying over Edward being gone but when he came back she wanted to spend time with Jacob and I did feel for Jacob in those parts. It was confusing for him and edward and totally mixed signals. Then when she was hesitant to marry Edward plus she kissed Jacob I just shook my head. I know she wanted Jacob to stay but he didnt anyways and in the end all she did was kiss him and confuse him and Edward even more. I think Jacob acted the way he did at times because he thought she really did want him and Edward had some hold on her so for that I did want to pat Jacob on the back sympathetically because in Eclipse Bella was all over the place!
Back to top Go down
MrsRobynCullen
Bitten
MrsRobynCullen

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 9:40 am

[i]I know!
I would be like
"Oh yes Edward! We'll get married tomorrow!
Lol
Am I Alone ? Ukjh11
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 3:38 pm

Yea her reasoning for not wanting to marry him didnt make sense when you really think about her situation.
Back to top Go down
danixsaur
Twilight Lover
danixsaur

Female
Number of posts : 366
Job/hobbies : STNA/Wrestling, Twilight
Humor : I find humor in almost everything

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 10:32 pm

Yea, I still scratch my head. I don't get it. I just read through Eclipse again and I'm half way through Breaking Dawn...but I still get so annoyed. She is so damn stubborn at times.
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 2:44 am

Bella is one of those characters that the more you read the books and really get to analyze them you start to get annoyed by some things she does. Its like you already know what has happened so you can focus on the smaller details and yea some things she does just drives me crazy.
Back to top Go down
TeamVampire
Bitten
TeamVampire

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:32 am

She's a lil too clumsy for me...and shes not that bright..but hey..it is just a story
Back to top Go down
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:58 pm

LMAO Team Vampire....I like you. I totally agree her clumsiness was to the extreme and her decision making skills at times made you say....are you serious right now?
Back to top Go down
Mrsrobpattinson
Bitten
Mrsrobpattinson

Female
Number of posts : 21
Job/hobbies : Liberal Arts Student(hoping to try acting next semester or soon), love writing stories
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:12 am

Yes that did bother me, she was basically making her mom's failed marriage to Charlie out to have branded hers which I did find annoying and so did my best friend. The same way Edward didn't have enough faith in himself to believe in his control when she first wanted to have sex, she didn't have enough faith to believe that her destiny was different than Renee's. Which contradicts herself completely. She broke down and had an anxiety attack when Edward left her, is unable to live without him and broke her best friend's heart to give all of hers to him.

She claims in the first book "I dream about being with you forever", is not afraid of giving up her life literally to become a vampire for him,and yet was afraid to marry him? It makes no sense to me at all that she loved him enough to do anything for him including die except what made the most sense.

While it may be true that divorce is more common in today's world than successful marriages, and is a large commitment, Bella has already made and even larger commitment planning to become a vampire.
Back to top Go down
http://thewolfsmoon.livejournal.com
obsessed
Twilight Lover
obsessed

Female
Number of posts : 384
Job/hobbies : waiting for my edward
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:01 pm

I understand why she doesn't jump to it...like if we really think about it, if i fell in love with someone that sweet...i wouldnt jump to it. Even if i knew that i would spend the rest of my life with him...but then again, its edward...and he's awesome. haha. so yah ever time i read eclipse i yell at bella about how she doesn't jump to the gun
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/freak123
cklover42
True Twilighter
cklover42

Female

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:05 pm

Plus she already has jumped into it in Twilight. She fell irrevocably in love with him....shouldnt that mean marriage isnt something to freak out about? I think its just that in Twilight she totally defied everything for her love and then in New Moon her heart got broken but she spent the whole time yearning for him then she gets him back and is like.....no marriage....what!
Back to top Go down
Mrsrobpattinson
Bitten
Mrsrobpattinson

Female
Number of posts : 21
Job/hobbies : Liberal Arts Student(hoping to try acting next semester or soon), love writing stories
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:53 pm

Actually clover, the fact that she fell head over heels for him is not the part that makes little sense vs. that she claimed wanting to be with him forever, and was already willing to make the even larger commitment of dying for him to become a vampire.

It does however make sense that she could be worried about loosing him again after he just took off with little warning once before. She even had a hard time believing she had actually gotten him back and was convinced she was in a dream. I can understand that concern.
Back to top Go down
http://thewolfsmoon.livejournal.com
Sponsored content

Am I Alone ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Alone ?   Am I Alone ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Am I Alone ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilighters :: THE SERIES :: Eclipse-
Jump to: