View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
bellaluna
Bitten

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:15 pm

I registered yesterday and I am so excited! They had a payment plan so I only had to pay half of the fee right away.
And I have to disagree with the fact that it seems weird. First of all, the event is not run by 2 fans only, it is managed by a professional firm. Second, yes, 255.00 might sound a lot, but think about all the things that need to be covered with that, the convention space, food, fee for special guests (which can be outrageous!), etc... Third, I saw on popstars.com today that Mike Welch seems to be coming, at least that's what he said, it hasn't been confirmed on their website, but I doubt he'd go if it was some lame, unprofessional, sketchy event. So I'm going and I think it'll be a lot of fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tamran
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 1677
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:46 am

bellaluna wrote:
I registered yesterday and I am so excited! They had a payment plan so I only had to pay half of the fee right away.
And I have to disagree with the fact that it seems weird. First of all, the event is not run by 2 fans only, it is managed by a professional firm. Second, yes, 255.00 might sound a lot, but think about all the things that need to be covered with that, the convention space, food, fee for special guests (which can be outrageous!), etc... Third, I saw on popstars.com today that Mike Welch seems to be coming, at least that's what he said, it hasn't been confirmed on their website, but I doubt he'd go if it was some lame, unprofessional, sketchy event. So I'm going and I think it'll be a lot of fun!

he is confirmed on their site now. still not worth it for me..lol. sorry. the whole thing is nothing but a list of things about learning to write or something. the only thing that is even cool sounding is the ball. i mean this is just MY opinion. i hope anyone that goes has fun..that's what it's about. i understand about the price, but getting all that together when you have to take at least 2 (myself and son) people (and do not know a single soul that you can split a room with) all the costs add up for people like me that live pay check to pay check. i don't even own a credit card...so that pay, even half would have to come out of my checking account and i don't have it and i'm not robbing a bank that's for sure...lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile

twicon 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3