Twilighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

twicon 2009

Go down 
+7
Teffy
Kenzie
obsessed
TwilightLulu82
Maria Cullen
Nadine
Tamran
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female
Number of posts : 1677
Registration date : 2008-08-24

twicon 2009 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:20 pm

they had on the board there a few places listed.. like houston (which i would think might be out now with the hurricane and so much they would have to do), chicago, seattle, LA, new york or atlanta. now of course this wasn't made by a mod so i'm guessing just some fans throwing stuff out there..lol

if it goes to houston, chicago or atlanta... scott can kiss my ass.. i'm going! LMAO anywhere else i can't swing it. cause the flight and stuff would kill me.

hmmmm.. they say it will be in 2009..wonder when? houston would be out i would think if it was around WM25..lmao. tho i may not be going to WM now so maybe i can take that money and use it on this instead!

uh oh....wheels are turning and turning..lmao
Back to top Go down
Maria Cullen
True Twilighter
Maria Cullen

Female
Number of posts : 1368
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 2:54 pm

Awww I hope yall get to go !
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female
Number of posts : 2414
Job/hobbies : Slacker/Student
Humor : Insane, Sarcastic, Loud

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 3:05 pm

I could swing NY or Atlanta.. I would have to check flights but I wanna go sooooooooooooooooooo bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sinfulwitch
Nadine
New Moon Fan
Nadine

Female
Number of posts : 545

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 5:42 pm

I really do hope that its close to any of you. Really i do. I so want to go. LMAO
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nadine_dublin
obsessed
Twilight Lover
obsessed

Female
Number of posts : 384
Job/hobbies : waiting for my edward
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 12:55 am

i found out where it is...in FORKS, WASHINGTON. wth is that shit! lol i understand why its there it just sucks for most of us =/
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/freak123
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 1:24 am

OMG that really does blow. There is no way I can afford Washington.
Back to top Go down
obsessed
Twilight Lover
obsessed

Female

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:08 am

me either!! it sucks!
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:05 am

obsessed wrote:
i found out where it is...in FORKS, WASHINGTON. wth is that shit! lol i understand why its there it just sucks for most of us =/

how did you find out?

see i knew i wouldn't be able to go. oh well.. i'm use to disappointment. such is life. Sad
Back to top Go down
obsessed
Twilight Lover
obsessed

Female

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:40 am

i dont really remember what website i was on, maybe entertainment weekly or something that doesnt have to do with twilight unless its posted but it said that they were having the convention in Forks, Washington and people are already trying to get in for it already...i;ll try and find it again
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 3:15 am

obsessed wrote:
i dont really remember what website i was on, maybe entertainment weekly or something that doesnt have to do with twilight unless its posted but it said that they were having the convention in Forks, Washington and people are already trying to get in for it already...i;ll try and find it again

yeah let me know. cause i knew about the summer school convention thing they are having up there next june. i saw it on one of the twilight sites...

http://www.litfanevents.org/summerinforks/index.html

i know on yahoo and msn news or something a couple days ago they all were reporting the big stephenie meyer day they had on 9/13. which reading that on those news site was so cool to me..lol
Back to top Go down
obsessed
Twilight Lover
obsessed

Female

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 10:21 am

ok now i really dont know...im so confused. lol so dont listen to what i say. cuz i just read this now:

There is a promotional company based in Chicago working to put together a real twilight convention the weekend after the film comes out. They are working with the movie's casting director and the actors agents to make this a success. They are even trying to get Stephenie Meyer as a guest of honnor. They contacted us for help with contacting her. We gave them the only contact we had (seth) and they offered us a free booth at the convention. The booth would be something we set up to promote the site and fans could visit it at the convention. The man who contacted me said we have a great site and community (yes he joined) and noticed that I'm from IL where this is all happening.
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:51 pm

obsessed wrote:
ok now i really dont know...im so confused. lol so dont listen to what i say. cuz i just read this now:

There is a promotional company based in Chicago working to put together a real twilight convention the weekend after the film comes out. They are working with the movie's casting director and the actors agents to make this a success. They are even trying to get Stephenie Meyer as a guest of honnor. They contacted us for help with contacting her. We gave them the only contact we had (seth) and they offered us a free booth at the convention. The booth would be something we set up to promote the site and fans could visit it at the convention. The man who contacted me said we have a great site and community (yes he joined) and noticed that I'm from IL where this is all happening.

damn that would be cool but so fast. i mean we have what 56 days before it comes out. i think so many people would be in shock at how well a twilight convention would do in certain areas. there should be like some official one and them travel all around that would be totally cool.

i noticed that the twicon will have some type of video thing going on the night they share their info. i just hope that i can watch it. cause i bet so many people are just setting and waiting..wanting to know.. like me..lmao
Back to top Go down
obsessed
Twilight Lover
obsessed

Female

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 4:01 pm

"yes its in chicago....chicago gets all the fun....they just got the hp viewing and this! I'm so moving to chicago! "

thats from another website....lol. im sure that if they do some type of video thing, that someone will post it up on youtube or something...tennessee isnt that far away, you should go!
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 4:33 pm

obsessed wrote:
"yes its in chicago....chicago gets all the fun....they just got the hp viewing and this! I'm so moving to chicago! "

thats from another website....lol. im sure that if they do some type of video thing, that someone will post it up on youtube or something...tennessee isnt that far away, you should go!

gah i wish i could! it's too soon tho. i couldn't get together the money. that's why i hope with everything that i can make the twicon one. but i'm not holding out for that one either...lol. i have to remember that i'm not the only one (hell there will be thousands) that won't be able to make these type things. such is life i guess when you have not enough money and live in the south where nothing comes or things are too far away..lol
Back to top Go down
Nadine
New Moon Fan
Nadine

Female

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 8:54 pm

Oh Tam i am the same. I want to go everywhere and i get upset if i can't...but life goes on. There are lots of people who won't be able to go, so it won't be just me. if that makes sense. i always tell myself that. Not that is helps much but yeah...its a try. LMAO
Back to top Go down
Maria Cullen
True Twilighter
Maria Cullen

Female
Number of posts : 1368

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 6:04 am

Nadine wrote:
Oh Tam i am the same. I want to go everywhere and i get upset if i can't...but life goes on. There are lots of people who won't be able to go, so it won't be just me. if that makes sense. i always tell myself that. Not that is helps much but yeah...its a try. LMAO
You can add me to you r "Cant Go" group !
It sucks being in the UK when all the good stuff is in the states. If I win the lottery I am SO going and if its a huge win I'll take you with me Nadine Wink LOL
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 2:14 am

a convention run by fans. it will be in dallas. they have no guests up other than twilight guy and the spoof people from youtube. they keep saying that they can't promise anyone else because even if they do like any other convention they can say yes and then cancel at last minute. i honestly don't think they can get any of them because they are just 2 girls that are fans and thought having this would be fun.

only 2000 spots. $255 to sign up. the covers the 3 days. you have to pay to get there.. your hotel and the hotel they are having it at cost $139 a night. plus all your own food. they will have some food but only like 3 times or something..lol they said they think it will be sold out by saturday to go ahead and get them now. not to wait for them to say if stars are going to be there.

any money that is left over from all the money collected for this, they said some will go to a charity. basicly...they are nonprofit and the rest of the money after paying all the fees and what not go in their pockets. the site looks good tho..lmao!

so what i'm saying is.. i'm not going Laughing it's not worth it to pay all that just to hang with 2000 fans and do whatever little things they have planned and see freaking tiwlight guy and the twilight spoof people from youtube?! yeah ok then.

kimmy today goes why are you being so negative. i go cause i have to be.. so i won't be let down..lmao. but honestly i still kinda am..haha but i'm also used to such things as well. at least i get to hang in nashville with fans and see the movie.. i'm big time yo! Rolling Eyes what will suck is if they do sign on a star and it's sold out..lol. oh well..

oh and some of the people that work on this twicon site.. got invited by some of the producers to attend the premier in LA. aren't they special! yet they can't get a yes or no from stars..lol i shouldn't laugh cause they will end up getting a star and i can't go..lmao
Back to top Go down
TwilightLulu82
True Twilighter
TwilightLulu82

Female

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 2:03 pm

Tam, I thought the very same thing. 255 to meet no one? The pay to get there, stay in a hotel, pay for your food.. That could get highly expensive. I was very disappointed with what they we making such hype about.
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 2:45 pm

i think a lot of people are disappointed. looking at what they are doing is stupid too.. 3 days of fan fic writing and paper writing. i don't think so. but i hope that whoever goes has fun.
Back to top Go down
Nadine
New Moon Fan
Nadine

Female

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 4:17 pm

Well i don't know but i have to agree with you Tam. And then at Premiere thing...but they can't get the actors or anybody to come. I dont know. LOL well i hope they will get anybody to come though, just for the fans that go and pay that kind of money. Does that make sense. I could say more but...erm the only other thing...the site looks great....LMAO sorry but thats the most positive thing i can say. LMAO
Back to top Go down
Kenzie
Whoa! Over Breaking Dawn
Kenzie

Female
Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 4:40 pm

Tamran wrote:

damn that would be cool but so fast. i mean we have what 56 days before it comes out. i think so many people would be in shock at how well a twilight convention would do in certain areas. there should be like some official one and them travel all around that would be totally cool.

Yes!! They really need to do that! Omg nothing comes to Iowa, think how many people they'd get around here....ah but I'm just dreaming now lol...
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 8:24 pm

ya know that these "girls have this posted on their twicon site yet they made sure to keep telling people last night they had no confirmed people and repeated like a million times that even if they did they could cancel...

TwiCon 2009 is the premiere unofficial conference for Stephenie Meyer and the Twilight saga! The event will feature a Twilight movie screening, live Twilight inspired band performances, Volturi Masque Ball, opportunities to meet Twilight cast, dozens of breakout sessions, panels, workshops and more, as well as a Vendor Hall where dozens of vendors will be set up for your shopping pleasure. We will also have the Artists’ Alley, where you can display fan made art and goods.

that is false advertisement. if they aren't sure but trying it should be worded different. i also noticed that in their FAQ it says guests were "invited" i wonder if that mean we invited them to attend, but have no money to pay them..or we contacted them to come and are willing to pay. something is so weird about this. it was a big deal for this to be put out there last night yet it's nothing big. most of the convention is fan fic and how to write papers...yeah..haha.
Back to top Go down
Marina
Bitten
Marina

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 7:16 am

the whole thing just sounds weird.
Back to top Go down
Tamran
Administrator
Tamran

Female

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:39 am

Marina wrote:

well girl i'm glad i'm not the only one that thinks that..lol. i just couldn't see paying $255 and no stars being there. plus it would be more than that cause i'd have to take someone with me..lol. and that would be just to get in! not everything else..lol
Back to top Go down
Nadine
New Moon Fan
Nadine

Female

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 3:48 pm

Tamran wrote:
Marina wrote:

well girl i'm glad i'm not the only one that thinks that..lol. i just couldn't see paying $255 and no stars being there. plus it would be more than that cause i'd have to take someone with me..lol. and that would be just to get in! not everything else..lol

I couldnt agree more. I think its really weird. To me it sounds more like a get together of fans...but what is the point in paying $255 for it? i don't get it. It just sounds really really weird.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: twicon 2009   twicon 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

twicon 2009
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next